Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers with ATG Jabs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Watt's jab is pretty under rated, deserves a mention at least.

Comment

De la hoya had a good jab so did toney.

Micheal Moore

Willie pep

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Jim Watt's jab is pretty under rated, deserves a mention at least.
        Yeah his jab was quite good.

He was a decent fighter, certainly better than he is a commentator.

Comment

Idk what to call PACs jab it's kinda just a feint but in his younger days it's was incredibly stiff so he could send his straight left down the pipe no where near ATg but pretty good for what he needed it for.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
            Idk what to call PACs jab it's kinda just a feint but in his younger days it's was incredibly stiff so he could send his straight left down the pipe no where near ATg but pretty good for what he needed it for.
            Pacquiao's jab was purely a set up for his left

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Larry Holmes
              Ike Quartey
              Benny Leonard
              Muhammad Ali
              Tommy Hearns
              Wladimir Klitschko
              Sonny Liston
              Winky Wright

Best of today IMO
              Wladimir Klitschko
              Miguel Cotto
              Felix Sturm
              Sergio Martinez
              Floyd Mayweather - Especially love the jab to the body.
              Good lists.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                Pac's jab has never been good imo. It was stiff in an awkward I'm throwing a left behind it no matter what kind of way. Great feint though Manny is good at twisting his upper body/waist to turn with their upperbody movement.

Right now i think its Wlads. Cotto has a good jab but only against boxers imo. He's somehow not as effective with it vs agressive fighters which is so weird.

Martinez has one of the more damaging ones and he hooks off it great around the guard. He also shoots it out rapid fire with oomph.

Floyds jab to to the body is possibly the most disruptive punch out there right now.

Theres a few others out there with good ones but they havent used them on the kind of opposition or have the longevity these guys have had.

Honoroble mention for zabs jab/feint into a counter

Comment

mike tyson had a great jab

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Pacquiao's jab was purely a set up for his left
                    Yeah I know. But he's damn good at using it to set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      Pac's jab has never been good imo. It was stiff in an awkward I'm throwing a left behind it no matter what kind of way. Great feint though Manny is good at twisting his upper body/waist to turn with their upperbody movement.

Right now i think its Wlads. Cotto has a good jab but only against boxers imo. He's somehow not as effective with it vs agressive fighters which is so weird.

Martinez has one of the more damaging ones and he hooks off it great around the guard. He also shoots it out rapid fire with oomph.

Floyds jab to to the body is possibly the most disruptive punch out there right now.

Theres a few others out there with good ones but they havent used them on the kind of opposition or have the longevity these guys have had.

Honoroble mention for zabs jab/feint into a counter
                      Again yeah I know it's just a good set up jab no real force nothing really just great at setting up his left hand it's almost like him throwing the whole jab is his feint not just a slight movement. The image that keeps playing in my head about it is when he first knocked Barrera down it was just pop bam! Or was that the second fight idk lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X