No announcement yet.

Day time or late night workouts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day time or late night workouts?

which do you prefer??? the Gym is much more peaceful and empty late night to me

Late night because its cooler. The heat is killing me as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Late night because its cooler. The heat is killing me as it is.
      I like to run outside during the day because the heat help burn calories..but i prefer to go lift weights at the gym late night, less people and you get access to more machines

Comment

I like late night too.

I do my runs in the morning/daytime though

Comment

Thankfully the summer is nearly over so all the machine hoggers will soon be gone until next year.
          Only cardio I can even do atm is swimming as I have a nag on my achilles

Comment

I definitely prefer late night (7pm-11pm). However, lately I've had to workout more in the mid-day due to my schedule which kind of sucks.

Comment

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek70.htm

Everyone is different

Never wait for a machine IMHO. There's always something you can do .

Comment

i work out in the morning. if i go to the gym after work, it is generally standing room only. every once in a while i'll get the time to take a "lunch break" and "lift" mid day during the week. the gym is almost all retired people, or empty. it rules.

i put "lift" in quotes, becasue i don't lift weights much any longer. i usually do around 10 sets of light weight, and get on a stationary bike for at least a half hour, mixing in long sprints.

i prefer a completely empty gym, but i don't mind a few good looking girls walking around if they're respectful, and don't drool all over the sight of my sexy body.

the best time to workout is when you've got the time.

if you're at a boxing club, and you're going to look to spar, the best time to workout is when all of the proper sparring is going to be there.

Comment

If your a hobbyist it won't make any difference when you train do it at your convenience.
                  Ideally you do your running at 6AM have a meal at 9AM and enter the gym at
                  11AM for a 2 to 3 hour training session. At 2PM have dinner then arrive at the gym for spar sessions at 7PM, go to bed by 11PM.
                  This would be a daily routine for someone in shape getting ready to fight.
                  Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    If your a hobbyist it won't make any difference when you train do it at your convenience.
                    Ideally you do your running at 6AM have a meal at 9AM and enter the gym at
                    11AM for a 2 to 3 hour training session. At 2PM have dinner then arrive at the gym for spar sessions at 7PM, go to bed by 11PM.
                    This would be a daily routine for someone in shape getting ready to fight.
                    Ray.
                    eat dinner at 2pm???

Comment

Working...
                    X