• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jim jacobs

boxing manager
    fight film collector
    some say the best handball player ever

Has anyone ever heard the rumor that cus was going to train jimmy for a fight against Archie Moore?

Nah I've never heard that one, what u got on it?

Comment

I believe I saw it on wilkipedia that there was talk of that happening but it never took place.

Comment

I never heard of Jacobs as a trainer. But I have long been envious of his fight collection. Clayton later sold it to espn after Jacobs passed and espn just sits on it releasing very little to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          I never heard of Jacobs as a trainer. But I have long been envious of his fight collection. Clayton later sold it to espn after Jacobs passed and espn just sits on it releasing very little to the public.
          Yes you seemed to see a lot more old fights on the tube when Jacob's and Clayton owned there rights. I was implying that Jacobs was actually going to fight archie moore and to be trained by cus.

Comment

Too bad they didn't keep ownership and just release them on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Too bad they didn't keep ownership and just release them on DVD.
              They did put some of them out for awhile. It was back in the vhs days and they did it under the name Big Fights Inc. They made some money but nowhere near the money Clayton made off espn selling the whole collection. Now ESPN hoards them only airing the same 20-30 fights that Big Fights Inc released years ago.

ESPN has close to 20,000 fights, many of them have not been seen since they originally happened.

It saddens me but Espn is now sitting on all those old msg fights as well as the early years of top rank boxing that had many amazing cards. Mean while ESPN Classic is content airing Tyson knocking out Steve Zouski over and over and over again.

Poor Steve Zouski.

Comment

Steve Z. knew his gig very well, hell I must have handled Joe Maye and Johnny Blaine 8 times in his early career to build up his record!!!
                its called a Pro Trial Horse!! the opponent!! he did ok!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  boxing manager
                  fight film collector
                  some say the best handball player ever

Has anyone ever heard the rumor that cus was going to train jimmy for a fight against Archie Moore?
                  Never heard that rumour and since the source apparently says that Jacobs was the best handball player in the world, that just about ensures that it's made-up.

Comment

Jacobs was considered the best in the World at one point!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X