Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite fighters fight in which he put his full skillset on display

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite fighters fight in which he put his full skillset on display

It could have been against an F level/journeymen/lower tier fighter, or an A class fighter. It doesn't matter. Name your favorite fighter and the fight you felt he put his full skill-set on display. Win, Lose or Draw. Close fight, doesn't matter. You can name multiple faves. Please only choose 1 performance per fighter.

Jones: James Toney

Taylor: Winky Wright

Mayweather: Diego Corrales

Chad Dawson: Tomasz Adamek

Bernard Hopkins: Tough to choose since he schooled a bunch of fighters, Johnson, Trinidad, Tarver, Pavlik, Pascal. I'll say Pascal. Pascal hurt him, so Hopkins chin was on display, Hopkins traded so his fighters mentality was on display, he outboxed him. Full skillset was on display, and at age 47, incredible performance.

Floyd-Gatti

Hopkins-Pavlik

Comment

Whitaker vs Haugen.

Master class.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Whitaker vs Haugen.

Master class.
        I just finished watching Whitaker-De La Hoya. Hadn't watched it in years.

What a close fight that was. I don't know why people say that version of Whitaker was done, he was top 10 P4P and hadn't lost since 1988, and put up an arguable win against DLH. I would say he was actually done against Trinidad 2 years later. But not against DLH.

The Whitaker that fought DLH could have beaten or given a hell of a fight to ANY WW in history that night. No doubt.

Comment

Paul Spadafora when he fought Israel Cardona, he was just locked in. Though when he fought Renato Cornett I believe Cornett only landed 5 percent of his total shots, the lowest in compubox history for a championship fight past 4 rounds(I beleive).

James Toney when he fought Iran Barkely, say no more.

Emmanuel Augustus when he fought Ray Oliveira, the drunken master was in full effect there, and Ray was a solid fighter.

Orlando Canizales when he fought Sergio Reyes the first time, it was outside too and looked ridiculously hot

Comment

Mosley-His fight with Hoya 1...

Bradley-His fight with Peterson...

Froch-His fight with AA..

Mayweather-His fight with JLC2 or Corrales

Pac-His fight with Morales2

Martinez His fight with Pav..

Comment

Jones vs toney or hall

Mayweather vs burton or gatti

PAC vs cotto and barrera

Whitaker vs Chavez

toney vs Barkley

Hopkins vs trinadad

Ali vs Williams and terell

Comment

my favorite fighters are oldies

Hagler- Hagler/Sibson

Salvador Sanchez- Sanchez/Gomez

Comment

Floyd vs Gatti and Corrales
                  Roy Jones vs pazz
                  Hopkins vs Pavlik, Tarver, and Tito

Comment

To me its the Joe Louis vs Max Schmeling 2 fight! The European nations were under attack by a murderer and the free world was aware it had to engage. Poor Max was a victum of circumstances but he still was coming from Germany and Hitler used him as a "mark" even though poor Max was just as comfortable here in the States as he was in his home.
                    Louis was remarkable when the bell rang he got on Max literally took him apart!! I remember my father telling me that the ringside fans could hear Max groan and actually scream from the after effect from a kidney shot that he turned his body into. The fight video is avalible and is a brutal display of one fighter overwhelming another.
                    I'm very glad Max made it back here and he and Joe become true friends and Max had a great life in the States becoming an employee and investor in Coke a Cola. His life was well documented and he lived to be 90 I think?
                    There was a thread here on successful fighters after their careers well Max fits that, he did great and was by all accounts a great man. Excellant fighter who said he'd beat Joe and did in their first fight and beat him convincingly.
                    Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X