No announcement yet.

Lol, Ismayl Sillakh haters....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, Ismayl Sillakh haters....

need to stfu like they predicted the second coming of Christ and he appeared last friday night. ya'll were no where to be found before the Grachev fight sayin he was gonna get stopped by 'em. cut the s**t.

nothing new about Sillakh was exposed on friday that we didn't already know about the dude. We've heard about his stoppages in the AMs a million times.
    Anybody who saw the Despaigne fight knows he had Despaigne hurt multiple times and either couldn't or wouldn't finish him.

Nobody made him out to be the second coming of Jake Lamotta or Roberto Duran. Ismayl is what he is, a superb boxer who can utilize the outside and exploit his reach. And we saw that.

I said it after the Despaigne fight and I repeated it when asked about a possible Sillakh-Cleverly match up. He's a traditional European fighter in the sense he tends to fight upright sometimes and has a tendency to consistently get caught with right hands right off the step. He'll have a difficult time with strong guys with any moderately good movement that can close that distance and mix it up past 6 rounds.

With all that said, my opinion on him has not changed. He's still a threat at 175 (which isn't a stacked division anyway) and he'll get better with time. He slept on Grachev (which was an inferior opponent) and I trust he'll learn from the experience and improve.

Its wild how fickle and pretentious the boxing "critics" can be. A dude loses a fight and is automatically considered either shot, overrated or a tomato can waitin to be exposed. F**k outta here, most of these so-called experts probly just seen a few highlights of these dudes and just parroted what everybody else said to wax poetic and sound contentious >>>>>
    Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

People act like this was a Kirkland/Ishida type fight. Sillakh didn't get destroyed early and he could have easily survived if he knew when and how to tie up. It is what it is, people will hate on him because of nationalistic and cultural reasons, but they will d.ick ride Khan until kingdome come...

Comment

whether u like it or not, its not cool to lose to a no name fighter with less than 20 wins. he was exposed somewhat to those who didnt know much about his weaknesses, his chin being the main one. and thats never gonna change which means hes probably never gonna be the great fighter worth discussing so hard over.

Comment

I don't get the Sillahk apologists, he got fucked up.

He fought a terrible fight against a guy he should have been able to handle with minimum difficulty. Instead he fought scared, and was still getting hit way to much by a limited guy because he has piss poor defense.

He got broke down, watch that whole fight and tell me Sillahk was the same in round 7 and 8 as he was in round 2 or 3. There was a clear decline, a lot had to do with wasted movement but also the shots he took to the body and the pressure being applied by Grachev.

Comment

He has like 5 fans and they all overhyped him and talked a lot of mess about the top LHW's ducking and ****. Got me pissed off reading that ****. I was happy he lost, now his 5 fans can shut the **** up.

Comment

Nobody's apologizing for him, fam. I was the first one admitting that I had to eat my words last week.

That wasn't a fight he was suppose to lose. But thats exactly the point. The dude can compete at an elite level and is still a threat.

Admittedly, his ceiling is a lot lower than some other guys, even in his division. For example, Dawson is a dude who's been lauded for his potential and has given us lackluster performance after lackluster performance. But anybody who's watched him fight knows he has a high ceiling, is a proficient combination puncher when he chooses to let his hands go, is a great boxer, above-average speed and solid defensive set. (not to mention pretty big, even for a LHW)

a lot of these things, Ismayl lacks. But he does other things way better. Another thing, as the style of his opponents vary, the more i think he'll get accustomed to different style fighters, the more i believe his defense will improve. He has stuck to his guns, because his guns have worked thus far. Friday changed that. hopefully for the better.
              Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 05-01-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                He has like 5 fans and they all overhyped him and talked a lot of mess about the top LHW's ducking and ****. Got me pissed off reading that ****. I was happy he lost, now his 5 fans can shut the **** up.
                That ducking s**t is overused. Anybody who people consider a solid up and coming prospect almost automatically gets labeled a fighter everyone is ducking. It happens.

I definitely never implied that. Like i said, I didn't even have Sillakh decisively beating Cleverly yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  People act like this was a Kirkland/Ishida type fight. Sillakh didn't get destroyed early and he could have easily survived if he knew when and how to tie up. It is what it is, people will hate on him because of nationalistic and cultural reasons, but they will d.ick ride Khan until kingdome come...
                  Kirkland didn't get pounded that badly..

He just wasn't ready for a top fighter so soon after being away so long..

Kirkland was pinned down by the ref...he was trying to get up..

Comment

i don't know.Sillakh just got too comfortable. bet he won't do that again.
                    he was beating the guy handily.
                    Denis Grachev/Ismayl Sillikh - Round 8 TKO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ZhxaBPI#t=206s
                    Last edited by STEELHEAD; 05-01-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X