Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Cotto's logic if Margarito wins he is cleared of wrong doing in the first fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Cotto's logic if Margarito wins he is cleared of wrong doing in the first fight

Well it makes sense. I think Cotto likes his chances here and is looking to put his first loss at stake with this fight.

Using Cotto's logic if Margarito wins he is cleared of wrong doing in the first fight

Cotto made a statement on 24/7 that by beating Margarito this December, that would prove that Margarito loaded his wraps in their first fight. Using the same logic if Margarito wins this December does that clear him of wrong doing in the first fight.

Comment

I think Cotto is saying this because he knows Margarito has no chance of winning. Since beating Cotto, Margarito has had two forgettable performances at the top level, and one average decision win over a journeyman. Cotto is not a good fighter IMO, but he can't be that bad that he can't even beat this version of Margarito.

So he's basically setting himself up to say, look I beat Margarito now without the handwraps, I only have one real loss to Pacquiao.

Comment

And if Cotto does happen to lose to this version of Margarito. Oh my goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by JOZ View Post
          Cotto made a statement on 24/7 that by beating Margarito this December, that would prove that Margarito loaded his wraps in their first fight. Using the same logic if Margarito wins this December does that clear him of wrong doing in the first fight.
          Yes, that would apply. But I do not believe Cotto is right in this one instance. If Cotto wins it would be evidence to support that argument, but it would not be 'proof'. Similarly, if margaresto wins, it does not mean he did not cheat 3 years ago. It merely means that he will have been better than Cotto on December 3.

Comment

Does Cotto really think that it was plaster alone that beat him the first time? That's pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by WARGARITO View Post
              Does Cotto really think that it was plaster alone that beat him the first time? That's pretty ridiculous.
              Nah im sure he knows its cause he kept going to the ropes and margarito did work..

I think Cotto never expected Margarito to keep coming and the pressure was to much. he should know dec 3 is going tobe hell

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                Nah im sure he knows its cause he kept going to the ropes and margarito did work..

I think Cotto never expected Margarito to keep coming and the pressure was to much. he should know dec 3 is going tobe hell
                Plus, they wouldn't have asked for a catchweight if they thought Margarito was just some bum.

Comment

Well it makes sense. I think Cotto likes his chances here and is looking to put his first loss at stake with this fight.

Comment

if he loses to tony at this point he shouldnt fight anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X