• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once a fighter always a fighter

Duran is a legend

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
      remember when golovkin began his boxingscene tenure as a puerto rican then half way through switched up and started claiming he's mexican?
      Whatever nationality he is, one I'm sorry for them, and two, his true nationality is just fa**ot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        On the inside there isn't a fighter I'd rather watch than Duran
        I second that. My spine just tingled at the mere thought of it.

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        He quit because his fat ass had to take laxatives to make weight and he was going to chit himself in front of millions on national TV..... which embarrassment is worse? Duran chosed to be known as a quitter versus a pants chitter.
        Hahaha. That is one bueatifully constructed post. I'll kick you some green.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          How did he not have business there? He won titles at both weights.
          Winning titles there doesn't mean that he wasn't fat, out of shape, small, old and a shell of his former best self.

If someone fights literally half as well as they used to at more natural weights, against significantly bigger, younger guys it's very likely he had no real business being there in the first place. The fact that he was able to win titles just goes to show how great he was, but it was still well beyond what he should have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            Because he's not of super welterweight or middleweight size?

You know most of his fights above 147 he was pudgy right?
            And still he won titles in both divisions. He gave Cuevas a real beat down at 154. I destroyed Davey Moore at 154. I outpointed Barkley at 160. He had every bit as much right to be there as anybody else. The fact that he was so much smaller than his opposition demonstrates how great of a fighter he really was.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Winning titles there doesn't mean that he wasn't fat, out of shape, small, old and a shell of his former best self.

If someone fights literally half as well as they used to at more natural weights, against significantly bigger, younger guys it's very likely he had no real business being there in the first place. The fact that he was able to win titles just goes to show how great he was, but it was still well beyond what he should have done.
              I'm not really getting the true reason behind your argument here. Are you complimenting him or what? He had no business there. What does that even mean? If he's a blob and guys still can't hit him and he's winning world titles, he has every right to be there. Did James Toney have no business at heavyweight? Did Robinson have no business at light heavyweight? I don't believe in putting a limit on what a person can accomplish. If he'd moved up and got clobbered over and over again, okay. But he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                And still he won titles in both divisions. He gave Cuevas a real beat down at 154. I destroyed Davey Moore at 154. I outpointed Barkley at 160. He had every bit as much right to be there as anybody else. The fact that he was so much smaller than his opposition demonstrates how great of a fighter he really was.
                You're a thick **** aren't you?

He did very well at times at 154-160 but he was still too small for that division.

Roy Jones whooped ruiz for a belt, that doesn't make rjj a damn heavyweight.

Comment

Working...
                X