Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pound-For-Pound didn't exist, would GGG be Getting as Much Hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Yes and the boxing world has definitely changed. Pound-for-pound used to really not matter, but given the heavyweights moving to Europe, I think it was natural to resort to that in order to define who the man is in the sport. And yes, social media has brought out a lot more feelings expressed about it between people who don't know each other on the net. Some good and some bad.

I agree that the best must face the best. I think fault falls on both sides, but this guy has been avoided a lot. The number of belts has made his much more possible, but now that he's got most of them, his competition should improve by elimination if nothing else.
    I agree and me personally I don't hold it against GGG for guys avoiding him however staying at 160 and WAITING for someone to come to him might not be the right approach in this situation. Unlike Hagler in this ERA, their is no Duran, Ray Leonard or Thomas Hearns that will come to him at 160 to give him a chance to solidify his greatness on top of him not having much time because he is already a older fighter.

The negativity towards GGG is a REACTION to his Bandwagon fans who are using GGG to be the FACE of their Bull**** Agendas. So when someone come and say "GGG IS THE GREATEST" natural someone with a Fully Functional Brain will say "Hold Own, He Really Haven't Fought Anybody To Make That Claim" and they would be 100% Right

That Mayweather/Pacquiao ERA have given birth some some of the dumbest fans any sport has ever seen. Some of the most emotionally attached fans as well.

Comment

It has nothing to do with P4P it's all about the Brotha man that can handle some White Dude knocking out all the Brotha's and making them look like Prison B1tches

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I agree and me personally I don't hold it against GGG for guys avoiding him however staying at 160 and WAITING for someone to come to him might not be the right approach in this situation. Unlike Hagler in this ERA, their is no Duran, Ray Leonard or Thomas Hearns that will come to him at 160 to give him a chance to solidify his greatness on top of him not having much time because he is already a older fighter.

The negativity towards GGG is a REACTION to his Bandwagon fans who are using GGG to be the FACE of their Bull**** Agendas. So when someone come and say "GGG IS THE GREATEST" natural someone with a Fully Functional Brain will say "Hold Own, He Really Haven't Fought Anybody To Make That Claim" and they would be 100% Right

That Mayweather/Pacquiao ERA have given birth some some of the dumbest fans any sport has ever seen. Some of the most emotionally attached fans as well.
        So true.

I wish this were like the 80s. The questions about GGG would already be answered because he wouldn't have a choice. And those who have avoided him wouldn't be able to. I understand wanting to get your way to a point, but damn. If you think you're the best, why do you need so many damn concessions to fight him or anybody else?

Comment

I remember when i heard "154-168" I said perfect timing with Manny and Floyd leaving the sport soon just what boxing needed. Then Andre Ward reappeared and it all fell apart.
          GGG had the perfect opportunity to take this sport and do whatever he wanted to with it.
          But now he's just lil g.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
            I remember when i heard "154-168" I said perfect timing with Manny and Floyd leaving the sport soon just what boxing needed. Then Andre Ward reappeared and it all fell apart.
            GGG had the perfect opportunity to take this sport and do whatever he wanted to with it.
            But now he's just lil g.
            Dont cry no crocodile tears for Lil G. Right now is the biggest name in boxing, since making Canelo into a laughing stock

Comment

People don't like him because their fanboys and fanboys can't take it when their favorite fighter is afraid of facing another boxer.

This whole arguement about resume and moving up is basic fanboy reflection.

You have to be one meticulous individual to think his resume is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                People don't like him because their fanboys and fanboys can't take it when their favorite fighter is afraid of facing another boxer.

This whole arguement about resume and moving up is basic fanboy reflection.

You have to be one meticulous individual to think his resume is bad.
                His resume is bad if you're talking top 3 p4p or as a HOF prospect. But clearly he's relentlessly ducked by the name guys. Canelo dropping a belt to avoid him, wow

Comment

Originally posted by /// View Post
                  One has made repeated attempts at unifying their division while their opponents openly backed out -- not some theory, they openly refused to fight him one after another.

One has targeted the worst available opponents in a fairly stacked division repeatedly and just backed out of his first real test the first chance he got over an inconclusive drug testing postponement.

You tell me which is which.

You are a Canelo fan so please, just admit people root for their homeboy. Nobody else would be a Canelo fan anymore. He just fought Amir Khan then vacated the belt. He has no boxing-derived fans left.
                  I'm not a Canelo fan fool. I got sick of him ducking like Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    It has nothing to do with P4P it's all about the Brotha man that can handle some White Dude knocking out all the Brotha's and making them look like Prison B1tches
                    Name a Black American champ the coward fought.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      His resume is bad if you're talking top 3 p4p or as a HOF prospect. But clearly he's relentlessly ducked by the name guys. Canelo dropping a belt to avoid him, wow
                      Ward didn't duck the coward.

Comment

Working...
                      X