Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you buy Broner vs Madina PPV bout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I don't think this fight merits to be on PPV just yet I would buy it; I buy just about all PPV's.

Comment

lets be real.....

broner vs maidana is a hot fight,, no matter who you are rooting for,,,,

if it was in your hometown,,, and tickets were 50-60 bucks you would go....

but on ppv you guys acting like that is a disgrace,,,

please,,,,,,,,,,,, this is a hot fight and everyone true boxing fan would trick the 50 or 60 dollars to see it on tv......

sure it would be better if it was on regular showtime, but lets not act like this is
      broner vs perez

Comment

Yes. GBP better load the damn undercard though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          lets be real.....

broner vs maidana is a hot fight,, no matter who you are rooting for,,,,

if it was in your hometown,,, and tickets were 50-60 bucks you would go....

but on ppv you guys acting like that is a disgrace,,,

please,,,,,,,,,,,, this is a hot fight and everyone true boxing fan would trick the 50 or 60 dollars to see it on tv......

sure it would be better if it was on regular showtime, but lets not act like this is
          broner vs perez
          Well said...!

Comment

maybe , for 4.99 but definitely not at 60 bucks

Comment

I refuse to buy a PPV involving a guy who flushes money down the toilet and thinks its funny

Comment

If it's doubleheader with the Keith Thurman vs Robert Guerrero bout, then I say why not? Especially, if the potential Thurman/Guerrero fight is for a World championship title on the same card for a reasonable price then I am all for it.

Comment

Also, one has to look at it from a Showtime Boxing point of view. Lately, they have been shelling out a lot of cash on Golden Boy events in recent Months. So they could use a respite period for a change where the promoters assume most of the risk by guaranteeing the fighters their purses. While in the meantime Showtime can help save their budget from all of the licensing fees for broadcasting these Golden Boy Promotions cards.

Comment

I would buy it if they load up the card and the price can't be more then $49

Comment

They are counting on what some of the guys in here have been saying (that they just love boxing, and it's a good fight) to pay $$$$ for a PPV. The problem with that is if they get enough people who are thirsty for good fights to pay for PPV(that is frankly not PPV worthy), they're gonna use those #'s to justify making future descent-good fights into PPV instead of watching them through your paid subscription with Showtime. My guess is that they WILL replay the main event the next week on regular Showtime, so if you can hold out a week to watch it - save your $$$. The money isn't the issue, it's what will become the norm if this fight makes "acceptable" numbers. You'd be better off paying for a months perscription of Showtime, atleast you'd get to see the replay of the fight AND an entire month of Showtime movies for around $20.

Yes, this is a good fight. But there should be a standard for what is PPV worthy and I don't think Adrien Broner has done enough at this point to justify that. Maidana puts on great fights, no doubt. But he's been doing that for years now and NOW he's worthy because he's fighting Broner?!? Next thing you know, the only fights we'll get to see without paying PPV dollars is the up and comers or tune up fights. GTFOH.

And yeah, they're more than likely gonna have a pretty descent undercard lineup. GBP isn't stupid. They NEED to make Broner look like the star. But the point is, do we want to have to start dishing out PPV everytime we want to see "good" fights? Fights we're already SUPPOSED to get with our paid Showtime/HBO channels? If you pay PPV for "good" fights then what will be left for us to watch without having to dole out extra money to see what we should already be entitled to as boxing fans and paid subscribers? They base EVERYTHING by #'s. If this PPV gets good #'s then this is just the beginning of things.....

Comment

Working...
                      X