No announcement yet.

Sillakh a case of bad matchmaking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    He looked past this guy & payed the price.
    From my perspective I say it was a case of Sillakh not fighting to win but more fighting not to lose. Maybe he felt the pressure of being on the cusp of a big payday and didnt want to lose so badly that he didnt fight to win but played it very safe. Grachev had nothing to lose and went for it.

Also when Sillakh got caught with that hard right he didn't react well. He had the capacity to react much differently but didn't and it cost him the fight.

Sillakh was by far the more skilled fighter even though he left much of the skill in the locker room. They knew Grachev had some power. Sillakh had sparred with Grachev not to long ago. Grachev is a strong guy with incredible conditioning and they knew that going in.

My money would be on Sillakh any time these 2 meet again.

Sillakh will bounce back a much better fighter.

Comment

nah, his style favored him...it's his chin that did not..

Comment

There are classic cases of bad matchmaking. This wasn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamUppercut View Post
          From my perspective I say it was a case of Sillakh not fighting to win but more fighting not to lose. Maybe he felt the pressure of being on the cusp of a big payday and didnt want to lose so badly that he didnt fight to win but played it very safe. Grachev had nothing to lose and went for it.

Also when Sillakh got caught with that hard right he didn't react well. He had the capacity to react much differently but didn't and it cost him the fight.

Sillakh was by far the more skilled fighter even though he left much of the skill in the locker room. They knew Grachev had some power. Sillakh had sparred with Grachev not to long ago. Grachev is a strong guy with incredible conditioning and they knew that going in.

My money would be on Sillakh any time these 2 meet again.

Sillakh will bounce back a much better fighter.
          Nah, I think he looked past this guy as easy work. Kinda like what Khan did with Peterson. Fighters do get caught up in their own hype sometimes. This being 1 of them.

Comment

If Pac had beat Sillakh he would have been cherry picking.

Comment

When this happened to Danny Jacobs everyone was calling him an American hypejob. Not talking about "bad matchmaking."

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                When this happened to Danny Jacobs everyone was calling him an American hypejob. Not talking about "bad matchmaking."
                Jacobs was dropped and then stopped early, Sillakh was dominating the fight and winning every round until he got stopped in the 8th.

Comment

They both got stopped so it doesn't matter. But one is American so he has to take **** for it, while the other is Eastern European so he gets cut some slack by certain people.

Comment

Working...
                  X