No announcement yet.

1976 Apple I computer sells for $905,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 Apple I computer sells for $905,000

When Bonhams put a vintage Apple I computer on the block, the Brit auction house thought the tech antique would fetch as much as $500,000.

It was wrong.

Instead, the 1970s-era circuit board fetched an eye-watering $905,000 (£564,000) in New York on Wednesday. The winning bid came from the Henry Ford Museum, which said it will put the Steve Wozniak-built machine on display for the public.

"Similar to what Henry Ford did with the Model T, Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs put technology directly in the hands of the people with the creation of the Apple-1, completely altering the way we work and live," said museum president Patricia Mooradian.

"The Apple-1 was not only innovative, but it is a key artifact in the foundation of the digital revolution."
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10..._sold_auction/

Looking at pics of that computer and what we have today, it looks really...old. I wonder if in 30 years from now we will feel the same way of our current computers.

Before:

After:

So someone tell me something about this new iMac Retina 5k. Is it basically a large laptop? I see the specs and it uses laptop graphics card. I admit it looks really nice, i'd like it in my room, but I wonder if I should just go for a laptop if it's going to be the same thing. I mean with that price, $2,500, I would just go for an Asus ROG G751 laptop.

Comment

Ha.

That was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        So someone tell me something about this new iMac Retina 5k. Is it basically a large laptop? I see the specs and it uses laptop graphics card. I admit it looks really nice, i'd like it in my room, but I wonder if I should just go for a laptop if it's going to be the same thing. I mean with that price, $2,500, I would just go for an Asus ROG G751 laptop.
        Why you asking. You can't afford it anyway. You're unemployed and living in your momma's basement

Comment

Before:
          what's the key hole for?

to turn it on?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
            Why you asking. You can't afford it anyway. You're unemployed and living in your momma's basement
            Lol why do you always talk about posters money or your money? I always see you talking about you get 6 figures. Someone showed their pay stub here once in some thread, and you viciously jumped on the person immediately, mentioning your '6 figures'. If you actually speak to people like that in person, you have a rotten, garbage ass life. You probably smile at everyone and shake their hand, but when they turn around you start talking bad about them. Lol what a show-off.

Comment

Lol why do you always talk about posters money or your money? I always see you talking about you get 6 figures. Someone showed their pay stub here once in some thread, and you viciously jumped on the person immediately, mentioning your '6 figures'. If you actually speak to people like that in person, you have a rotten, garbage ass life. You probably smile at everyone and shake their hand, but when they turn around you start talking bad about them. Lol what a show-off.
              i'm bored at work and just fu.kking with you.. i know you are a college student or something..

and no, i try not to say antyhing bad about other people behind their back.. i'm actually a very laid back person..

Comment

Working...
              X