• Show
Clear All

• True or false: Mayweather beats any version of Cotto

Is this statement true or false?
    True
    59.17%
    False
    40.83%

If Cotto Mayweather 2 happens at JMW I think it would be a 50-50 fight.

Comment

I've always said the 2004-2008 version of cotto ( aka the one we have seen again recently ) would give Floyd the biggest/toughest challenge. W Floyd's style defense he is vulnerable to body attacks. Especially when he lays against ropes. I can't for the life of me figure out why Miguel ever stopped using that Left Hook. But now w Roach having him to his old self and possible better I wouldn't be surprised if Cotto wins a rematch

Comment

Fraud vs. Cotto 1

Fraud vs. Cotto 2

If Maidana the slo-mo version can find his target, what more can Cotto do to this current version of the fraudster!

Cotto > Maidana
        Last edited by -MARKAVELLI-; 07-11-2014, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Cotto pre Margarito would have starched Mayweather, imo.

Comment

Which version of Floyd are you talking?

Prime Floyd - Mayweather beats him any day of the week.

Current version of Floyd? The Current version of Cotto COULD win a 115-113 ish decision. Would I bet against Floyd? No. But it would be a hell of a lot more competitive than the first fight.

Comment

Floyd beats any version of Cotto. A younger Floyd beats Cotto easier. I'm not sold on this Cotto. Roach's impact is overrated imo. I'd like to see how Cotto would do against Lara, Alvarez, GGG, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                Floyd beats any version of Cotto. A younger Floyd beats Cotto easier. I'm not sold on this Cotto. Roach's impact is overrated imo. I'd like to see how Cotto would do against Lara, Alvarez, GGG, etc.
                Definitely a fair assessment. I'm admittedly on the Cotto bandwagon, but fighting the guys you mentioned above could really seal the deal if he's as good as he appears as of late.

Comment

Roach trained cotto IMO would have a 50% chance of beating Floyd. Cotto has been throwing that left hook like in the old days with roach.

I think the other trainers tried to make cotto a different fighter than what he naturally is. With roach cotto is back to that stalking left hook punching beast.

Comment

False there's a reason why at 147 floyd never wanted any of prime Cotto. I think this version of cotto vs today's floyd is winnable for cotto

Comment

Working...
                    X