Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd fight this version of Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Floyd fight this version of Cotto?

Floyd is my favorite fighter. But I just rewatched a clean copy of this fight, with fresh eyes. So maybe Cotto just had a great night but he looked unreal. Does Floyd actually want this version of Cotto? Cotto can hurt him now. That was crazy.

I hope so. Cotto taxes that ass in a rematch

The Roach/MacMillan/Cotto connection is unstoppable. King Cotto is here to stay.

Comment

Re watch the fight. Sergio used no head movement, whatsoever. Floyd can actually bend his knees to duck, weave and pivot. Knees are a beautiful thing.

Comment

I doubt it. This would be a risk to his health.

The self admitted " rich coward " is commendable because he looks out for his health and the health of other boxers first.

Rule of thumb, health comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
          Floyd is my favorite fighter. But I just rewatched a clean copy of this fight, with fresh eyes. So maybe Cotto just had a great night but he looked unreal. Does Floyd actually want this version of Cotto? Cotto can hurt him now. That was crazy.
          No way in hell man. I have seen a lot of Cotto fights and I have NEVER seen him look close to being as good as he did last night. He was good at 140 but he was on some other level last night. Dude was faster, sharper and had way better stamina than I have ever seen him display. He would have beaten Floyd no doubt had he looked like that against Floyd when they fought.

Comment

Miguel loss 9 rounds when he fought Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
              Re watch the fight. Sergio used no head movement, whatsoever. Floyd can actually bend his knees to duck, weave and pivot. Knees are a beautiful thing.
              Yeah, Sergio looked really bad, didn't pump his jab, no side to side and he was moving in the wrong direction the entire time.

But all that aside, Cotto looked like a machine. Sergio hit him with several flush punches and Cotto hardly seemed to notice and his power was that of a smw boxer or something.

Comment

What version? he looked no different at all last night, if anything the way he fought Floyd was the best I had seen him he just wasn't good enough to beat Floyd.

Comment

It's funny how shit works with Mayweather. His opponents either benefit from a significant increase in their ability after fighting him, or severely decline just before stepping in the ring with him; it is remarkable.

Comment

I have said right after the fight that Money Mayweather will never fight Cotto again. He knows he will get the PPV numbers he wants, but there's no way he will rematch Cotto even without Roach on his side.

Comment

Working...
                    X