No announcement yet.

K2 flopped negotiations for GGG-Quillin Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K2 flopped negotiations for GGG-Quillin Bout

"We made a good offer to Richard Schaefer (CEO of Golden Boy Promotions). But the next day he said that they want to arrange [a bid] between channels, the winner [who offers the most money] will receive the rights to broadcast the fight between Golovkin and Quillin. The proposed option was not acceptable to us, because the team is not going to turn away from their partners on HBO, whose support Gennady can always count on," Hermann said.

So Schaefer wanted the fight, But he also wanted HBO and Showtime to bid to buy the fight. Whats wrong with this offer?

Why no details of this "good" offer made? and where was the HBO "support Gennady can always count on" in Monte Carlo vs Adama?

K2 has bodged this negotiations up. Its a fair negotiation in my books, as both fight on different networks so let them bid for the fight.

GGG-Quillin would have been a good fight. Gratz.

Originally posted by [T][B][E] View Post
    "We made a good offer to Richard Schaefer (CEO of Golden Boy Promotions). But the next day he said that they want to arrange [a bid] between channels, the winner [who offers the most money] will receive the rights to broadcast the fight between Golovkin and Quillin. The proposed option was not acceptable to us, because the team is not going to turn away from their partners on HBO, whose support Gennady can always count on," Hermann said.

So Schaefer wanted the fight, But he also wanted HBO and Showtime to bid to buy the fight. Whats wrong with this offer?

Why no details of this "good" offer made? and where was the HBO "support Gennady can always count on" in Monte Carlo vs Adama?

K2 has bodged this negotiations up. Its a fair negotiation in my books, as both fight on different networks so let them bid for the fight.

Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why

Would HBO bid for the rights to broadcast a fighter they already have exclusive North American broadcasting rights with?

Does Quillin have an exclusive Network contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why

Would HBO bid for the rights to broadcast a fighter they already have exclusive North American broadcasting rights with?

Çuz GGG is ducking yo

Comment

LOL, Red K to OP for not even spending 1 minute researching anything about anything

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

"because the team is not going to turn away from their partners on HBO" This means that they can if they wanted to?

Comment

"because the team is not going to turn away from their partners on HBO" This means that they can if they wanted to?
            Man Ashton.. you better be punking me.

I really don't see how what I just said is impossible to understand

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
              LOL, Red K to OP for not even spending 1 minute researching anything about anything
              what research is needed? I remember you GGG fans Annoyed with HBO not long ago.

Comment

and where was the HBO "support Gennady can always count on" in Monte Carlo vs Adama?

HBO has exclusive rights to broadcasting his fights on the American soil. Monaco is in Europe. Europe is not America. How to break it down more explicitely for you I really don't know.

Man, you should do a quick research before making a thread? Or at least read through the original thread to understand the picture?

Comment

More like fake hustle from Schaefer, when he knows GGG can't fight on anywhere but HBO.

'but I gotta hook my boy Espinoza up doe'

what a slimeball move by Schaefer
                  Last edited by gman3042; 05-20-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

what research is needed? I remember you GGG fans Annoyed with HBO not long ago.
                    How about the simple FACT that Golovkin's fights can only be shown in the States on HBO.

I seriously can't see how is dude can't understand this... a malnourished North Korean fetus could probably understand it better

Comment

Working...
                    X