Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME's Bias toward Mayweather was appalling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think they were too bad, you can tell they don't like Mayweather (who does?)

They were very anti-Khan tho, like most US boxing fans it seems.

Comment

What annoyed the hell out of me when Showtime didn't show a replay of Maidan's best punch of the fight in the 5th round. Seriously, I give don't care out of about what the corner work. Show more replays.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        Showtime has to ride Mayweather....what else are they going to do?
        Pretty much this. They weren't much better when Maidana fought Broner, but there was a lot more on the line here for Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
          the hypocrisy is amazing,, u know damn well if this was flipped, they'd be flipping out and on the whole "HBO IS SO BIAS OMGG"

i dont mind what jim grey did at all, whatever. but its the dudes that bash a network for being bias, they have an investment in pac. just like showtime has an investment in floyd, but when hbo does it, it's bias

unbelievable.
          HBO does do the same thing...Lampley's Fight Game is a great example of that.

HBO has their boxers.

SHO has theirs.

But given their place in boxing, SHO much more relient upon Mayweather than HBO is on any one fighter.

Comment

HBO does the same thing but at least they show replays of both fighters, last nights PPV was the most ridiculous bias commentating I've ever seen.

Paulie will say some things here and there, but even he knew his place when Floyd was fighting.

The commentating was just really bad. And the one guy, whatever his name is, sounds more like a damn MMA commentator, freaking annoying as all heck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
              HBO does do the same thing...Lampley's Fight Game is a great example of that.

HBO has their boxers.

SHO has theirs.

But given their place in boxing, SHO much more relient upon Mayweather than HBO is on any one fighter.
              Lampley has to eat some public crow here too-- He said the fight would be boring and one sided. Like he has no interest in deflating the other side's PPV potential.

But yeah Sho has a heck of a lot riding on one (aging and increasingly in the bunker) guy.

Comment

Not addressing the gloves issue was a massive cop-out.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  What annoyed the hell out of me when Showtime didn't show a replay of Maidan's best punch of the fight in the 5th round. Seriously, I give don't care out of about what the corner work. Show more replays.

Mayweather is always trying to hold, he doesn't want to fight on the inside.

Comment

I noticed the exact same and I was disgusted by it.

Comment

Which scores did the commentating team have?

Comment

Working...
                      X