Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a fan of Kermit Cintron on his way up...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were a fan of Kermit Cintron on his way up...

There is reason to be excited. I am from his hometown and I saw him in the gym training with one of his original trainers. Physically he looks amazing. I know what a guy's body looks like often means very little, but Kermit looked like a machine. I got to watch him go through his strength training. WOW is he strong. Looks nothing like the guy that fought on ESPN these last two time. He told me he is walking around at 168, and that for a most of his previous fights he could not get his weight above 155 even before training. He was pushing some serious weight when he was lifting, I was amazed by the weights he was lifting, and he dropped all his sparring partners.
    He seems like a really cool guy. He talked boxing with me for about 20 minutes before he had to go. Was awesome to get that kind of inside info directly from the fighter himself. Was a real eye opener as I didn't expect that kind of honesty. Hope to see him start flattening guys again.

Well i just want to know what happened to his power, he was flattening guys then he became a pitty patter who couldn't bust through wet toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Well i just want to know what happened to his power, he was flattening guys then he became a pitty patter who couldn't bust through wet toilet paper.
      He started fighting real opposition that's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
        Part of it but no he had real authority on his punches then when fighting Antwone Smith and this other fighter he received a gift draw against on FNFs he just had nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
          This. Sorry, not falling for the "Cintron is dedicated again, he's back!" He was never anywhere.

Comment

Plasterito ruined his confidence and punch resistant.

Comment

He had told me that his manager had encouraged him to leave Manny Steward in favor of Ronnie Shields who could afford him more one on one time, and that Ronnie Shields idea was to turn him into a volume puncher. He said that after the 2nd Margarito fight he had pretty much lost his enthusiasm for boxing. Head just wasn't in it. Never found a trainer beside Manny that he really jelled with, and even then it was always in the back of his mind that he was best when he was with his original Team. Said he tried a few guys, and it just didn't work. So he had a long talk with his family, and decided to do what he had wanted to do for a long time. Go back to his roots and do the things he did that lead to his early success. He said he is actually enjoying training again, and it's done a lot for him mentally because he see's the results in the gym, in the weight room, on the track, and in the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by PAboxing View Post
                There is reason to be excited. I am from his hometown and I saw him in the gym training with one of his original trainers. Physically he looks amazing. I know what a guy's body looks like often means very little, but Kermit looked like a machine. I got to watch him go through his strength training. WOW is he strong. Looks nothing like the guy that fought on ESPN these last two time. He told me he is walking around at 168, and that for a most of his previous fights he could not get his weight above 155 even before training. He was pushing some serious weight when he was lifting, I was amazed by the weights he was lifting, and he dropped all his sparring partners.
                He seems like a really cool guy. He talked boxing with me for about 20 minutes before he had to go. Was awesome to get that kind of inside info directly from the fighter himself. Was a real eye opener as I didn't expect that kind of honesty. Hope to see him start flattening guys again.

welcome to Boxingscene, Kermit...enjoy your stay

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  welcome to Boxingscene, Kermit...enjoy your stay
                  Sergio will duck him to avoid a humiliating rematch ko defeat.

Comment

Sergio will duck him to avoid a humiliating rematch ko defeat.
                    Would be pretty cool if he shocked everyone and got some good wins!

Comment

Working...
                    X