Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson, Ray Robinson, Lamotta, Leonard were way harsher in their women beatings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson, Ray Robinson, Lamotta, Leonard were way harsher in their women beatings

Than Floyd. And yet people always talk as if Floyd is the only one doing it. Floyd only twisted her arm and suddenly he's the meanest guy on the planet!?

Jake LaMotta was an admitted woman-beater and rapist. The movie made him look like a saint compared to his autobiography. One story in the book tells of him being drunk and blacking out and waking up to find that he's beaten the hell out of his girlfriend. He's worried that he killed her, because it'll ruin his career, so his brother suggests dumping her in a lake.

Sugar Ray Robinson beat up his wife, and kids as well. One of his wives, Edna Mae had 5 miscarriages, and their son believes it was a result of Ray's abuse.

Mike Tyson was quoted in the book Fire & Fear as saying "the best punch I ever threw was at Robin Givens". I would imagine that this was an exaggeration because if he hit her any harder than he did some of his opponents, Robin would've been dead or in ICU. He later denied saying this, but recently admitted on the Oprah show that he did "sock her".

Frazier

Valero

Monzon

Gatti

Diego Corrales went to prison for assaulting his pregnant wife. He had some prior incidents of domestic abuse before that.
    Last edited by TKO6; 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM.

Well just because others have did it doesn't make it right, but with that being said you are correct, people seem to ignore the facts for certain athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
      Well just because others have did it doesn't make it right, but with that being said you are correct, people seem to ignore the facts for certain athletes.
      No one said it was right but it was way more minor than what those other guys did.

Comment

I agree people harp on Floyd i guess just because its more recent and its people that probably just want a reason to hate him but regardless of the degree of the beatings hitting a woman is wrong in my opinion and no way for a grown man to act especially one that fights professionally and is in the spotlight

Comment

You shouldn't support Ray Robinson. He's a certified woman beater, beat his woman into 5 miscarriages!

Comment

a woman beating thread.....

NSB never ceases to amaze me lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I agree LaMotta, Sugar Ray Robinson, Valero and Monzon were worse than Floyd.

But it doesn't excuse Floyd for beating up the mother of his children.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao had also cheated on his wife! Worse!

Comment

Originally posted by TKO6 View Post
                  Manny Pacquiao had also cheated on his wife! Worse!
                  how is cheating on her worse? both are bad i dont think i could say cheating is worse than beating a woman

Comment

Let's not exaggerate things. He never hit her, he twisted her arm a little bit.

Although it is a form of physical harm, it isn't as bad as you think it is, not even close.

And she's known as a pathological liar anyways.

Did you not see her interviews afterwards "Fictional memoirs"

She's clearly full of ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X