Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best boxer ever that was born outside of North America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

to the guys that forgot or didnt know that panama and cuba are part of the north american continent

Comment

manny pacquiao....definitely the most accomplished...
      Last edited by Bermuda; 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

well if fighters from central america dont count it has to be monzon imo.

you can make a case for lots of fighters though, so its really hard. eder jofre, niccolino locche, azumah nelson, antonio cervantes, lennox lewis, jimmy wilde, dick tiger, michel cerdan, pacquiao and fighting harada all have a case just to name 10. but for me its monzon.

Comment

dont know much abo the history of the sport but ill throw a name out there and someone with a bit more knowledge can tell me if they can name anyone better.

Jimmy McLarnin. Born in County Down, Ireland

beat 12 (i think) HOFers

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
            lol

to the guys that forgot or didnt know that panama and cuba are part of the north american continent

whether or not the distinction is official, panama is regularly referred to as a "central american" nation in my part of the world. it's not looked at as a "continent," but it's a term that gets used.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              dont know much abo the history of the sport but ill throw a name out there and someone with a bit more knowledge can tell me if they can name anyone better.

beat 12 (i think) HOFers

mclarnin was raised in canada, though, i believe. he has a great resume.

and of course, as with any great fighter, he fought primarily in the states.

cotto was born in rhode island, for instance, but i consider him a puerto rican.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                whether or not the distinction is official, panama is regularly referred to as a "central american" nation in my part of the world. it's not looked at as a "continent," but it's a term that gets used.
                Yeah! what he said!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  mclarnin was raised in canada, though, i believe. he has a great resume.

and of course, as with any great fighter, he fought primarily in the states.

cotto was born in rhode island, for instance, but i consider him a puerto rican.
                  aye, but us irish folk dont have many fighters to cling on to so canada can **** of, and the TS said born outside north america so he def counts for this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    And this. Damn forgot about him and I was just talking about him couple of days ago.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Yeap..but I checked in boxrec and appear after napoles and gavilan...napoles is t he first but he is the one with less wins then gavilan...the good ting abouth chocolate is when he retire he fought to a draw and he wan every fight before that..he was awesome..I don't really know how they rank ppl in boxrec

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post

beat 12 (i think) HOFers
                      Not only that, but he beat those HOFers from Flyweight to Welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X