Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who was the toughest fighter p4p Lamotta or Chavalo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    a second at best, fraction of a second.

hitman hearns is considered one of the hardest p4p punchers in history
    I know it was only a second but it is what it is, Hagler is my favorite fighter of all time but i am a boxing fan first and foremost and the fact is "The Hitman" did shake him, for however long it lasted Hagler was shook

Comment

Well Chuvalo fough heavyweights and didn't get KO'd by Prime George Formean. the ref had to stop it but Chuvalo still wanted to go for it. So yeah Chuvalo by far

Edit: One could also make the argument that Lamotta vs Robinson was sort of similar to Chuvalo vs Ali. Obviously it was not as brutal but the guys fighting styles paralleled one another. Chuvalo didn't take half as bad of a beating against Ali as Lamotta did.
      Last edited by KidKwik; 11-09-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidKwik View Post
        Well Chuvalo fough heavyweights and didn't get KO'd by Prime George Formean. the ref had to stop it but Chuvalo still wanted to go for it. So yeah Chuvalo by far
        If the ref hadn't stopped that fight, George Foreman would've knocked Chuvalo out for real.

Joe Frazier was also on his way to do that as well.

Edit: One could also make the argument that Lamotta vs Robinson was sort of similar to Chuvalo vs Ali. Obviously it was not as brutal but the guys fighting styles paralleled one another. Chuvalo didn't take half as bad of a beating against Ali as Lamotta did.
        Robinson was a massive puncher, who sometimes got in your face and stayed there. Ali was nothing of the sort.

A better comparison would be if Chuvalo fought Louis, who I also believe would've put Chuvalo on his back for the count.
        Last edited by Capaedia; 11-09-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X