Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting to think Pacquiao-Margarito is gonna be a lot more competitive then we think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    Margarito is motivated, remember, Margarito came out and said "I'll prove that I'm clean by beating Pacquiao". He has A LOT to prove, especially since people are questioning his whole career. Whether people like it or not...that's a really good drive. We also have to take into account that Pacquiao's punching power is surely to diminish because of the extra weight gain AND he's oblige to use 10 oz gloves on top of all that. Guys, Pacquiao hasn't seen a bigger size disparity and Margarito IS a durable opponent, although not as durable as he once was.

I sometimes get the feeling that Margarito is gonna be a really REALLY hard tree for Pacquiao to chop down. Margarito could very well rehydrate up to 165-168 lbs and Pacquiao does NOT have the physical strength to tie Margarito up and maneuver him into the ropes ala Shane Mosley. Neither does he have Mosley's punching power. Where he compensates for that is with his overall athletic ability, so for everytime Mosley tied Pacquiao up...Pacquiao is instead gonna turn Margarito; keep him turning.

Also, Pacquiao has shown vulnerability to the uppercut, we saw this against both Cotto and Clottey. Well guess what? Margarito is Mr. Uppercut himself, and unlike Clottey...he's gonna punch WITH Pacquiao. Lets look at the 1st 7 rounds of Mosley vs. Margarito, notice that Mosley's bombs aren't able to stop Margarito from tryin' to retaliate, Mosley had to clinch to neutrilize Margarito's attack.

I gave this some really good thought and honestly, I get the feeling that Margarito is a LIVE underdog, Joe Goossen recently said the same thing too. If and IF Pacquiao is unable to break Margarito down to the body, no doubt that Margarito will be able to come on late. The only thing I'm stuck on is, is Margarito gonna look mysteriously smaller then we're all used to seeing when he enters the ring? Not making any accusations, but there have been some rumors.
    right, this fight is becoming more interesting

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Those uppercuts are only gonna land if the opponents head is down.

When Pac goes against the ropes, which I don't think he's gonna do against Marg cause that's ******ed, but when Pac did that against Cotto and Clottey he leaned back on the ropes(almost like Floyd) as opposed to leaving his head down like Cotto does.

If you recall, when Cotto and Clottey landed uppercuts, it was in the center of the ring, not on the ropes. Margarito isn't gonna do much in the center of the ring.

I hope this is more competitive than I think it's gonna be.
      This is true, Cotto is more susceptible to uppercuts because of his stance. Just that I like the fact that Margarito goes down the middle, and Pacquiao's defense is pretty basic when he shells up. When both Cotto and Clottey had Pacquiao against the ropes, I saw a HUGE gap inbetween Pacquiao's arms.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        If Pac loses to a past prime Margarito. It confirms his fraudness.
        How is Pac a fraud if he loses to Margarito. Margarito is big dude but I'm taken back when people say that Pac will run through Margarito like nothing. Don't see that happening at all people are sleeping on Margarito. I take Margarito by late TKO.

Comment

Margacheato was completely destroyed by an old Mosley who is slower than Pac and who would probably get knocked out by Pac, and you cant analyze the current Margacheats from his 1 fight with a landscaper since then. We do know one thing tho, Margacheats gets tagged he is there for the taking. Cotto touched him up, old Mosley touched him up, you better believe Pac(who has tripple the stamina and speed of those 2) is going to touch him up or to put it badly....FUCK HIM UP.

Comment

This is true, Cotto is more susceptible to uppercuts because of his stance. Just that I like the fact that Margarito goes down the middle, and Pacquiao's defense is pretty basic when he shells up. When both Cotto and Clottey had Pacquiao against the ropes, I saw a HUGE gap inbetween Pacquiao's arms.
            Agreed on the gap. Straights will land when Pac shells up on the ropes.

But because of the angle, the uppercuts won't cause Pac leans back. Think about it, it's physics. If he's leaning back on the ropes, it's gonna be hard to land a solid uppercut.

But overall I agree....laying on the ropes against Tony= BAD idea. I just think Pac will have the legs to circle, turn, explode, and keep Marg resetting cause I think Pac can be first everytime and has the stamina to keep that up for the whole fight.

Comment

man this aint even going to be close cotto was hitting marg at will the 1st six rounds b4 plaster came into play mosley did 2. Pacs faster than both hes gonna keep it in the center of the ring and just blast hands of bricks. Margs chin has already been cracked the end of his career is coming. pac by 7th round tko in a super one sided fight.

Comment

Some of us have been saying this ****.. This ain't no walk in the park for pac. I would not be surprised if he got caught by Marg either. But if Marg wants to throw those straights to Mannys head, he might get caught himself by an uppercut/hook.. Manny finds angles and puts them to use.

Comment

What is this Margs might come in smaller crap, link please. Just watched the Tony vs Cotto fight and those of you saying that the plaster hardened caused Cotto to get beat need to rewatch. Margs took two and three to give his one, and the pressure and pace broke him down.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                    Agreed on the gap. Straights will land when Pac shells up on the ropes.

But because of the angle, the uppercuts won't cause Pac leans back. Think about it, it's physics. If he's leaning back on the ropes, it's gonna be hard to land a solid uppercut.

But overall I agree....laying on the ropes against Tony= BAD idea. I just think Pac will have the legs to circle, turn, explode, and keep Marg resetting cause I think Pac can be first everytime and has the stamina to keep that up for the whole fight.
                    If Toney's uppercut doesn't hit the head, Pacquiao's body will get touched regardless. In the bold, I also thought the same thing, but Boxing is also mental. Considering the size disparity, how Pacquiao's punching power will diminish from moving up, the 10 ozs gloves, Pacquiao's lack of physical strength in this matchup, Margarito is gonna be right in his face at all times. That causes mental exhaustion when the men in front of you continues to come foward, then that leads to fatigue. Pacquiao can hurt Margarito no doubt, but it's gonna take A LOT of choppin', a lot. If this took place at 147, 8 oz gloves...my opinion would be so much different. It's crazy how the littlest things make a difference.

Comment

Margarito is motivated, remember, Margarito came out and said "I'll prove that I'm clean by beating Pacquiao". He has A LOT to prove, especially since people are questioning his whole career. Whether people like it or not...that's a really good drive. We also have to take into account that Pacquiao's punching power is surely to diminish because of the extra weight gain AND he's oblige to use 10 oz gloves on top of all that. Guys, Pacquiao hasn't seen a bigger size disparity and Margarito IS a durable opponent, although not as durable as he once was.

I sometimes get the feeling that Margarito is gonna be a really REALLY hard tree for Pacquiao to chop down. Margarito could very well rehydrate up to 165-168 lbs and Pacquiao does NOT have the physical strength to tie Margarito up and maneuver him into the ropes ala Shane Mosley. Neither does he have Mosley's punching power. Where he compensates for that is with his overall athletic ability, so for everytime Mosley tied Pacquiao up...Pacquiao is instead gonna turn Margarito; keep him turning.

Also, Pacquiao has shown vulnerability to the uppercut, we saw this against both Cotto and Clottey. Well guess what? Margarito is Mr. Uppercut himself, and unlike Clottey...he's gonna punch WITH Pacquiao. Lets look at the 1st 7 rounds of Mosley vs. Margarito, notice that Mosley's bombs aren't able to stop Margarito from tryin' to retaliate, Mosley had to clinch to neutrilize Margarito's attack.

I gave this some really good thought and honestly, I get the feeling that Margarito is a LIVE underdog, Joe Goossen recently said the same thing too. If and IF Pacquiao is unable to break Margarito down to the body, no doubt that Margarito will be able to come on late. The only thing I'm stuck on is, is Margarito gonna look mysteriously smaller then we're all used to seeing when he enters the ring? Not making any accusations, but there have been some rumors.
                      Before I came into this thread, I was thinking the same thing. Pacquiao doesn't exactly have monstrous punching power, he wears people down with speed. It took him 9 rounds before Díaz finally went down, DLH took a beating, but never did so either. Hatton was one of those exceptions, nobody saw that result coming...and it's understandable why people believe 140 is Pacquiao's optimal weight. Pacquiao knocked Cotto down twice, but then was unable to knock him down again (despite the beating he dished out), and Clottey never seemed on the verge of being knocked down.

Pacquiao's streak is something of legends considering the opposition and the weight classes he's been through. But I think people are falling in love with his stardom and underestimating Margarito. Not saying he won't win, but it won't be a shut-out as people expect. Hell, I don't even expect Margarito to win rounds, but I still think he's going to do some damage in the process. Pacquiao has been impressive in three fights at welterweight and his power isn't the same. He's fighting a man known for his chin and at yet ANOTHER higher weight class. I don't think Pacquiao is knocking Margarito out...it's going to go the distance, in my humble opinion. I worry for Pacquiao, but then I remember that Roach has been consistently spot-on with his predictions: DLH 8, Hatton wouldn't go past 3, Cotto in the 1st round and if not the 8th (by the 9th, Cotto's corner should've stopped it, Cotto would just run for the remainder of the fight), if Roach says Margarito in 8, I disagree with him, but if he proves me wrong...kudos to him! Guy doesn't sugarcoat it.

Pacquiao's last competitive fight? Early 2008 against Márquez in a rematch that went back and forth. Since then, Pacquiao's been on the gravy train. Given this unbelievable streak and series of formidable opponents, you gotta' wonder if Pacquiao's losing something of himself by going through so many big fights so consistently.

I look at Clottey and Margarito. Margarito is going to be more active at the expense of getting hit more. Cotto ruptured his ear-drum, Clottey gave him a small welt under one of his eyes, Margarito is going to get hit (no question), but he's going to hit back.

Whatever happens, there's no question that there's going to be fireworks on November 14th, you better believe it!
                      Last edited by TintaBoricua; 09-22-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X