Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd: All Time Great? More Like All Time Joke.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd: All Time Great? More Like All Time Joke.

February 3, 2010 · posted by Julius Stecker · 554 views

Floyd Mayweather Jr is arguably one of the most talented fighters of his generation. There is one thing you can’t argue with though. Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the biggest joke and primadona in boxing history. That my friends is a fact. The man doesn’t want to fight in any competitive fights where he stands a chance of losing. Let me correct myself. He doesn’t want to take a fight where he is not at least a 4 to 1 favorite. People try and compare him to Sugar Ray Leonard, but that comparison falls on deaf ears. Leonard fought Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran, Wilfred Benitez, and Marvelous Marvin Hagler all in their primes.(Duran and Hagler were past their best but still were great fighters). Floyd has never beaten a fighter his size in the top 5 pound for pound during his career. (Juan Manuel Marquez was 2 weight classes below him) And he only owns 2 wins over fighters ranked in the 10 pound for pound when he fought them, Diego Corrales and Ricky Hatton. Neither guy will go down in history as a great fighter. Floyd has had the opportunity to fight 2 of the best fighters of his era in the matter of a month. The 1st Manny Pacquiao is considered by some the best fighter of the last 20 years, the 2nd Sugar Shane Mosley is one of the top 10 or 15 fighters of the last 20 years. Pacquiao is currently ranked number 1 pound for pound, and Mosley is currently ranked Number 3 Pound for Pound. And Floyd has found a way to DUCK both. Yes my friends, he has ducked both.

Drug Testing Was An Excuse

Here is the truth of the matter on the drug testing. It was just an excuse not to fight Manny Pacquiao. We know this now because even though Shane Mosley has agreed to take drug testing, he still refuses to fight him. So what makes people think if Pacquiao agreed to the drug testing that Mayweather would have signed the contract. If Pacquiao would have agreed, he would have asked for him to undergo a blood transfusion prior to the fight. Face it Floyd fans, the drug testing has now been proven to be an excuse for ‘Duckweather’ to find a way out of the Pacquiao fight.

Mayweather in the matter of 2 months he has lost out on a 40 million dollar payday against Pacquiao. Then another 25 million dollar payday falls into his lap in the name of Sugar Shane Mosley he refuses to sign the contract. Floyd’s saying is, “If it don’t make dollars it don’t make sense.” But I and others will tell him is, “If you keep turning down dollars then you don’t make sense.” In the fight against Mosley, he is between a 2 or 3 to 1 favorite to win. He stands to make a fortune, but he won’t sign the contract. But Mayweather has always been terrified of Shane Mosley. It is a fight that would help ease fight fans angst over the Pacquiao fight not happening, yet Floyd just is too frightened of Mosley. Don’t ask me why, ask Floyd.

All Time Joke

In the great history of boxing we have had the names like Ali, Frazier, Robinson, Louis, Duran, Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, and Pacquiao, representing the sport. They gave us great match-ups, intriguing fights, and best of all they gave us our money’s worth of entertainment. And most of all they fought the best.

All any fight fan can want is for great fighters is to take great challenges. That in the end defines their greatness. It is how they make and deserve the great wealth they aquire. For Floyd it isn’t about challenging himself. It about making as much money as possible without taking any risks. But the jokes on you Floyd. You are no Robinson, you are no Pacquiao, and you are no Mosley. You are just a guy with great talent who chooses to avoid proving you are the best. The saying goes, ’seeing is believing’ and until I see Floyd in the ring with Mosley and or Pacquiao then all I can believe is he not a great fighter. Great fighters take great fights. Floyd will make the hall of fame because he has had a very good career. But his all time standing will be below Pacquiao and Mosley. The reason is he just hasn’t taken on the tough fights. Floyd nickname should be changed from ‘Money’ to ‘Underacheiver’

http://www.boxing24.com/floyd/

ATG = I think I can beat him = fight

Floyd = I think there's a chance I might lose = no fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sumakwel View Post
      February 3, 2010 · posted by Julius Stecker · 554 views

Floyd Mayweather Jr is arguably one of the most talented fighters of his generation. There is one thing you can’t argue with though. Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the biggest joke and primadona in boxing history. That my friends is a fact. The man doesn’t want to fight in any competitive fights where he stands a chance of losing. Let me correct myself. He doesn’t want to take a fight where he is not at least a 4 to 1 favorite. People try and compare him to Sugar Ray Leonard, but that comparison falls on deaf ears. Leonard fought Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran, Wilfred Benitez, and Marvelous Marvin Hagler all in their primes.(Duran and Hagler were past their best but still were great fighters). Floyd has never beaten a fighter his size in the top 5 pound for pound during his career. (Juan Manuel Marquez was 2 weight classes below him) And he only owns 2 wins over fighters ranked in the 10 pound for pound when he fought them, Diego Corrales and Ricky Hatton. Neither guy will go down in history as a great fighter. Floyd has had the opportunity to fight 2 of the best fighters of his era in the matter of a month. The 1st Manny Pacquiao is considered by some the best fighter of the last 20 years, the 2nd Sugar Shane Mosley is one of the top 10 or 15 fighters of the last 20 years. Pacquiao is currently ranked number 1 pound for pound, and Mosley is currently ranked Number 3 Pound for Pound. And Floyd has found a way to DUCK both. Yes my friends, he has ducked both.

Drug Testing Was An Excuse

Here is the truth of the matter on the drug testing. It was just an excuse not to fight Manny Pacquiao. We know this now because even though Shane Mosley has agreed to take drug testing, he still refuses to fight him. So what makes people think if Pacquiao agreed to the drug testing that Mayweather would have signed the contract. If Pacquiao would have agreed, he would have asked for him to undergo a blood transfusion prior to the fight. Face it Floyd fans, the drug testing has now been proven to be an excuse for ‘Duckweather’ to find a way out of the Pacquiao fight.

Mayweather in the matter of 2 months he has lost out on a 40 million dollar payday against Pacquiao. Then another 25 million dollar payday falls into his lap in the name of Sugar Shane Mosley he refuses to sign the contract. Floyd’s saying is, “If it don’t make dollars it don’t make sense.” But I and others will tell him is, “If you keep turning down dollars then you don’t make sense.” In the fight against Mosley, he is between a 2 or 3 to 1 favorite to win. He stands to make a fortune, but he won’t sign the contract. But Mayweather has always been terrified of Shane Mosley. It is a fight that would help ease fight fans angst over the Pacquiao fight not happening, yet Floyd just is too frightened of Mosley. Don’t ask me why, ask Floyd.

All Time Joke

In the great history of boxing we have had the names like Ali, Frazier, Robinson, Louis, Duran, Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, and Pacquiao, representing the sport. They gave us great match-ups, intriguing fights, and best of all they gave us our money’s worth of entertainment. And most of all they fought the best.

All any fight fan can want is for great fighters is to take great challenges. That in the end defines their greatness. It is how they make and deserve the great wealth they aquire. For Floyd it isn’t about challenging himself. It about making as much money as possible without taking any risks. But the jokes on you Floyd. You are no Robinson, you are no Pacquiao, and you are no Mosley. You are just a guy with great talent who chooses to avoid proving you are the best. The saying goes, ’seeing is believing’ and until I see Floyd in the ring with Mosley and or Pacquiao then all I can believe is he not a great fighter. Great fighters take great fights. Floyd will make the hall of fame because he has had a very good career. But his all time standing will be below Pacquiao and Mosley. The reason is he just hasn’t taken on the tough fights. Floyd nickname should be changed from ‘Money’ to ‘Underacheiver’

http://www.boxing24.com/floyd/
      mother****er u got some jap cartoon as your avi ! ur a geek what u know about boxing ? ****in hater

Comment

In my opinion, he is one of the all time greats. His self-conceitedness is a no no though.

Comment

and if u look at his article the following day this is what he had to say about floyd ...

A 1996 Olympic Bronze medalist for the United States, Floyd Mayweather (40-0, 25 KO’s) has since gone on to strike Gold in the professional ranks, winning six world titles in five weight classes to firmly establish himself as one of the most elite fighters of his era. With dominating wins over the likes of world champions Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Oscar de la Hoya and Ricky Hatton, Mayweather was on a meteoric rise to hall of fame greatness when he announced his retirement from the ring in 2008. But he left the door open for a return if the right challenge presented itself and after 18 months of a much needed physical and emotional break from the ring, he returned to boxing on September 19, 2009 with a dominating and spectacular victory over future Hall of Famer Juan Manuel Marquez.
          guys fucking talking outta both sides of his mouth ... he has no credibility in the the first place but this shoots it all to hell even more.
          http://www.boxing24.com/mayweather-mosley-official/

Comment

Working...
          X