No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins has to be a top 5-10 ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    not higher......Hopkins overall body of work is better IMO (no ****)
    cal beat hopkins, fair and square. how can you rank him higher? he even beat rjj who beat bhop? i mean it is true that hopkins have a better resume but i think cal can go through hops resume undefeated

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
      cal beat hopkins, fair and square. how can you rank him higher? he even beat rjj who beat bhop? i mean it is true that hopkins have a better resume but i think cal can go through hops resume undefeated
      yea, he could go through mike tysons resume undefeated too, and after that maybe he'll grow some wings and fly off into the sunset therefore solidifying his career as the best ever

Comment

He fought Jones and Hopkins when they were past their prime

I dont think he goes through Hopkins resume undefeated. Do you think Calzaghe would beat a Prime Roy Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
          I mean, this resume, knocked out Glen Johnson, knocked out Felix Trinidad, knocked out Oscar De La Hoya, embarassed a prime Antonio Tarver, beat prime Winky Wright, embarassed a prime Kelly Pavlik. Lost very close fights with Slappy, RJJ, and Taylor, some believe he won the Slappy and Taylor fights. Defended the middleweight belt 20 times. Has other good wins over Allen, Joppy, Echols. Held the 4 major belts at 160 at once. Has been #1 at 160 and 175. Has been rumored at one final go around at CW or HW in search of a third division of dominance.

Let's all bow to the great Bernard Hopkins. HOF, ATG.
          GOLDEN SCHLONG> Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
            GOLDEN SCHLONG> Hopkins
            Hopkins>Slappy

Comment

actually calzaghe refused to fight a guy on hopkins resume. a guy named glen johnson. he signed to fight him twice and pulled out twice. once the night before the fight claiming a "hand injury" who injures their hand the night before the fight? frank warren even had to pay johnson a fee if calzaghe pulled out again and he still pulled out lol! so i'm not sure how he would go through hopkins resume undefeated if he's too scared to even fight the guys on it.

Comment

I'd say top 20 and thats being modest. Top 5? Thats a funny joke. He isn't that good.

Comment

The RJJ fight was not close! I am a huge fan of B-Hop and think for what he has done at his age he is a living legend no doubt. I dunno about top 10, and he is a guy I model my style on so I am biased towards him but not that much! I think he is immense for his ability to fight top competition into his forties. In actual terms, i think he gives alot of ATG's a good fight but he wouldn't beat all of them prime V prime. But with B-Hop it is hard to establish one thing............ When exactly was his prime!!!!???!!??!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    actually calzaghe refused to fight a guy on hopkins resume. a guy named glen johnson. he signed to fight him twice and pulled out twice. once the night before the fight claiming a "hand injury" who injures their hand the night before the fight? frank warren even had to pay johnson a fee if calzaghe pulled out again and he still pulled out lol! so i'm not sure how he would go through hopkins resume undefeated if he's too scared to even fight the guys on it.
                    That is just a blatant lie. Both fights were cancelled weeks in advance. And the second one would have happened 90 days later if Johnson hadn't pulled out to fight Tarver instead - a fair enough decision on his part but let's not spout bull**** eh!

As for Hopkins, this thread is just silly. Top 50 maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
                      Hopkins>Slappy
                      No, actually he doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X