Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would defeating Margarito have done anything for Mayweathers legacy in retrospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly when it comes to margarito I have a bitter taste in my mouth

Dude committed one of those most vile sins a boxer can . He loaded his gloves

Smfh

So I don't think margarito should get any credit for being someone's fallen foe or winning .

His career is void in my book. A calculated , sneaky and sickening ploy to gain an unfair advantage . Loading your gloves is the cardinal sin in boxing.

Comment

In retrospect, it was a huge duck. HUGE!

Comment

No people would just find excuses like they do all his other fights. Shane cotto corrales ect

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          No people would just find excuses like they do all his other fights. Shane cotto corrales ect
          sounds about right to me....he lost to Daniel Santos doe....Paul Williams beat him, he wasn't ready doe....the other loses were flukes doe.

Margarito was a good contender at welterweight who became a hypejob soon as their were talks of Mayweather leaving Top Rank for fights with ODLH, AND BIGGER FIGHTS

The proof is in the pudding....He so called ducked Margarito but beat the guy that knocked his ass out and has defeated a slew of fighters better and more accomplished than Antonio

Lets be real.....Margarito wouldn't even be one of Mayweather's top 5 wins

No real title at stake except a trinket and losses to lesser fighters as well

Comment

So tired of hearing about this cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
              So tired of hearing about this cheater.
              One put gauze (with Plaster of paris) in his gloves

while

the other injects drugs in his hands and doesn't allow his opponents to fight with approved punchers gloves......

Which one are you talking about?

Last edited by ADP02; 02-07-2015, 12:38 AM. Reason: (with Plaster of paris)

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                One put gauze in his gloves

while

the other injects drugs in his hands and doesn't allow his opponents to fight with approved punchers gloves......

Which one are you talking about?
                the guy who if you watched the the face off of his 2nd fight with Cotto and you can see as clear as day that his wraps were cracked(I've been around boxing for 2 decades and gauze don't crack) and its clearly something in the wraps

dude used plaster in his gloves and im sure more than once

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  Honestly when it comes to margarito I have a bitter taste in my mouth

Dude committed one of those most vile sins a boxer can . He loaded his gloves

Smfh

So I don't think margarito should get any credit for being someone's fallen foe or winning .

His career is void in my book. A calculated , sneaky and sickening ploy to gain an unfair advantage . Loading your gloves is the cardinal sin in boxing.
                  one guy loaded his gloves with bricks and the other guy(floyd) loaded his opponent's gloves with pillows. no difference both cheats but floyd gets away with it because he's the money man.

Comment

If Margarito didn't get exposed as a cheater it would of been a big win for him but in hindsight as of right now it really doesn't do much for him if he got it.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      the guy who if you watched the 24/7 of his 1st fight with Cotto and you can see as clear as day that his wraps were cracked(I've been around boxing for 2 decades and gauze don't crack) and its clearly something in the wraps
                      Look, I'm not even a Margarito fan. I'm more of a Cotto fan. Still, we all know that people were NOT eager to get in the ring with Margarito.

Floyd said years later that he always knew that there was something wrong with Margarito and why he didn't want to get in the ring with Margarito. Further making it a fact that Floyd wanted no part of Margarito.

Last edited by ADP02; 01-26-2015, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X