Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Marquez just destroy Mayweather's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Of all the delusional things, this thread takes the cake. When I logged on this morning I thought, how will these losers console themselves? What fantasy will make the pain go away for them? Well here it is...somehow, Marquez flattening Manny hurts Floyd's resume. Not Manny's, Floyd's.

I came on to see the same thing. But really what can you expect from some people. Just like cotto shoulda took the 10 mil for manny, manny shoulda took the 40 mil from floyd. Just leave it at that. I'm just waiting for the slo mo videos of hatton oops, my bad, manny

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
      funny how manny get props for not taking a test marquez took the only person really looking good is marquez.

he fought manny 4 times and fought floyd took the damn test and lost like a man.

the only g here is marquez not manny and not floyd.
      Marquez never took any test when he fought against Floyd. Floyd asked for testing in 2010. Floyd fought Marquez in September 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        Mannys legacy is intact....people remember the in prime years of a fighter, just because a fighter loses past his prime or gets hit with the ultimate shot in a fight he was cleanly winning does not hurt legacies....

Duran and Ali are classic examples buddy

This does add to mayweathers legacy but thats because he hardly has one, just a dude who avoided prime fighters if you look into him. His legacy is the biggest draw in boxing after Ali, that is what he will be remembered for
        Right right, sure

Comment

This shouldn't have anything to do with Mayweather. One fighter beating another doesn't affect a third fighters legacy. Fighters legacies are defined by how great his career is, not someone elses. Pac v Floyd can still be a good fighter, I saw Manny as active, fast and accurate as I've seen him since Cotto. Marquez got in a great shot (controversial maybe?).

Mayweather just looks more of a ***** now by avoiding Pac. But I'd still rank Pac and possibly Marquez above Mayweather now.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Mayweather himself destroyed (to some extend) his legacy.

I don't think he cares that much about it any way. He is Money Man!

My thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              This shouldn't have anything to do with Mayweather. One fighter beating another doesn't affect a third fighters legacy. Fighters legacies are defined by how great his career is, not someone elses. Pac v Floyd can still be a good fighter, I saw Manny as active, fast and accurate as I've seen him since Cotto. Marquez got in a great shot (controversial maybe?).

Mayweather just looks more of a ***** now by avoiding Pac. But I'd still rank Pac and possibly Marquez above Mayweather now.
              What was controversial about it?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Manny didn't mean to get hit, that's the controversy.

This thread is hilarious. Bitter fans saying Mayweather's legacy is destroyed. Umm...has Manny gotten up yet? They need to start the walk-out bout

Comment

Not really.

If you think about he dominated the guy who KO Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    not controversial. intriguing maybe. how often do we see jmm delivers a devastating punch like that?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      Now people will always look at him as the guy who ducked his main rival and went out undefeated.
                      I dont think it does, but he has lost a fight that would enhance his legacy. Floyd isnt about legacy anyway, this has been borne out by his comeback.

Comment

Working...
                      X