No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares Discusses Nonito Donaire, Cotto's Chances, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mares Discusses Nonito Donaire, Cotto's Chances, More

Yet another fight week has hit Las Vegas and the boxing luminaries have been spotted in abundance.

During Wednesday’s press conference featuring Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Miguel Cotto’s parting words before battle, recently-crowned WBC junior featherweight champion Abner Mares took some time to speak on the latest with his career. [Click Here To Read More]

Thats wat cotto Will do bully floyd to The ropes and go to Thebody

Comment

Thats right about Cotto !!

ORTIZ's best shot and success was when he pressured JR.

he landed shots

Matter of fact JR slipped and was hit more in that fight as it was just getting warmed up real good when that stupid head butt came

Cotto is more level headed and will deal with JR on those ropes up and down on the arms

Just think about it :

IF COTTO is on TARGET

JR will finally go to the trenches

JR's mind will be tested if there is a knockdown past 5

IF COTTO will just become more intense as the fight goes he can very well make JR do things he has never done before like

his uncle did,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,QUIT on his stool to preserve his health !!

Comment

I think Cotto is a pumped as humanly possible because if he can pull it off, tomorrow would become the greatest boxing day in the history of Puerto Rico. Even though I think Floyd will win, Cotto will be psyc'd up and has some tools to make it interesting at times. I'm pulling for Cotto because Floyd is in desperate need of a dose of humility.

Comment

Cotto has far more tools in his arsenal and repertoire than most Analysts, fellow Forum writers and even the bets/odds. They only take in mind the two defeats he got while at Welter Weight. They even talk about the close call he had with Joshua Clottey, but forgets that when he fought Clottey he could easily had decided not to continue due to the headbutt he received and the gash it did left on him, yet he got balls and continue fighting to show the fans and anyone out there that he does have and determination and the will to win (although I disagree with that decision cause he took unnecessary damage and won by split decision). yes he swells and he been in some wars, but as far as I remember, back in the days those wars determine the caliber of fighter you are, Cotto has not said no to anyone they put in front on him, I can't say the same thing for Mayweather (yes 41 have tried and one of them tried twice but the that tried twice was robbed on his first try). Styles makes fights and we gonna see a Cotto of old taking it to the Body and punishing the lower section at will, that will be the difference in this fight. Though fight for either or but I'm sticking with my Countryman Cotto to pull the biggest upset in recent history...Have a good day from Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
          X