No announcement yet.

Grant Professional Training Gloves 16oz Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkos View Post
    so how much was the total price(if its not rude to ask) and what site did you get em from? cause they over do it with the shipping price alot of the time. sick gloves by the way im thinking of getting the exact same color or red.
    around 168.78, with shipping included already, I got them from Ringside website, and yes they are sick man! get them.
    Originally posted by drh View Post
    hey enjoy!

I have the same gloves. this isn't a criticism, but i noticed the padding distribution is very even throughout. i.e. there is an unusually large amount around wrist and lower forearm...i was thinking maybe some of this could have been placed towards knuckles?

sparring partners feel they hurt more than my twins (both 16 ounce).

each to their own...enjoy!

caution...no matter how good your glove feels, still take GREAT care with your wrapping. the best of gloves won't stop a broken knuckle if the wraps aren't up to it.
    True, but I still love them compared to my old RS.
    Originally posted by Smokin' Caesar View Post
    great thanks for the review
    no problem.
    Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
    just got mine last thursday
    Grant has definitely changed the formula lately
    the leather feels more like Reyes leather, than the old, hard, glossy leather they used to have
    they aren't quite as easy to open & close either, but they fit better than before and aren't as hard when you first get them.
    i love 'em a lot
    like all the benefits of reyes and grants with none of the drawbacks.
    Yuuupppp!! I like em!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post
      Wut up everyone, I just got my Grant Gloves this Thursday in the mail and I coulnt have bought any better gloves.

These gloves are just great, they are padded enough on all angles, thumb, knuckles, etc. The Wrist support is the best!! just very excellent.

The quality is up to paR! Everybody in the Gym was wanting to know what kind of gloves I had since most of them all have RS or Everlast.

But overall, the job it does is excellent! I can hear the nice snap on the bag, without my knuckles hurting.

I would have to give these gloves a 10/10, they are just that bad @ss!

PS: the only problem I have is the interior lining, it seems that every time I take them off my skin color leaves it dirty inside the glove...(pic down below).

Hit me up, if you have any questions.

I am covetous of those gloves, I really really, really want a pair of those now.

BTW, Do you think you can make the pic in your sig even bigger? I like having to scroll to the side to read text

Comment

Originally posted by Aperion View Post
        I am covetous of those gloves, I really really, really want a pair of those now.

BTW, Do you think you can make the pic in your sig even bigger? I like having to scroll to the side to read text
        they are very very nicee man, now I know Boxing aint all about gloves, but everyone in my gym always looks at them. They are p1mp!

and no sorry man I cant make them bigger...dunno how..

Comment

very nice, you will love these gloves...i have a pair of grant 16's (red) that i bought a couple of years ago that i use just for sparring. i also have the grant 12oz "pro" bag gloves - they're both REALLY nice

i love grant gloves...i have some ringside gloves, and i've tried reyes and everlast. grant just gives the perfect fist, imo, and the balance on the gloves is superb!

i'm actually going to get some black 14's for sparring as well (some of the smaller guys at my gym spar in 14's)

i see people talking about getting white and getting blue - as far as i know grant doesnt make those anymore - just red and black

Comment

Originally posted by capflow View Post
            very nice, you will love these gloves...i have a pair of grant 16's (red) that i bought a couple of years ago that i use just for sparring. i also have the grant 12oz "pro" bag gloves - they're both REALLY nice

i love grant gloves...i have some ringside gloves, and i've tried reyes and everlast. grant just gives the perfect fist, imo, and the balance on the gloves is superb!

i'm actually going to get some black 14's for sparring as well (some of the smaller guys at my gym spar in 14's)

i see people talking about getting white and getting blue - as far as i know grant doesnt make those anymore - just red and black

ya they are sweet man. I love them.

As for no blue and white ones available? I believe Ringside still sells them through a phone order. Same price and everything, might get them later down the road.

Comment

I'm just curious, why did you not buy Winning? Too expensive?

I have a pair of 16 oz. Blue Lace-Ups, and they are some of the best gloves I've ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
                I'm just curious, why did you not buy Winning? Too expensive?

I have a pair of 16 oz. Blue Lace-Ups, and they are some of the best gloves I've ever owned.
                I like the feel of these better than Winning, I know it sounds weird, but I think am not the only one to say that. A lot of people love the quality of them better than Winning and I honestly dont mean nothing towards Winning it's a excellent glove that I have tried on, but I just feel that Grant Gloves are well balanced between pop,protection, feel and quality.With the Winning I feel that they are a bit overpriced and also a bit too padded.

I like Grant's better IMO, plus the styles are s1ck, now if they only allowed customization for amateur fighters...

Comment

Great review!

Comment

Originally posted by tkos View Post
                    Great review!
                    anytime.

Comment

Can anyone confirm that the white ones are still available?

Comment

Working...
                      X