No announcement yet.

New Program

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom
    Inclines aren't important to increase strength at all.
    Not true.

By increasing your incline bench this facilities an increase in strength to other areas of the body. Not the least of which is heavy shoulder pressing as well for your pectorals do tie into your deltoids.

I've found that a heavy incline = heavy military press. At least it helps.

Tom, the program isn't bad. The rep scheme is pretty much similar to what I use, excepy I'm keeping reps LOOOOOW atm (3-5).

- The Jake

Comment

Today I did whatever I felt again.

The absense of the rigidity of a program feels good.
      Worked biceps/back/hamstrings

Barbell Curls
      DB Curls
      Hammer Curls

Wide grip Pullups
      Chinups
      Bent over rows

Lying leg curls
      seated leg curls
      hyperextensions

- The Jake

Comment

I like programs, I progressed the most when i had it all planned out - but thats just me.

Comment

Programs are great, but I hear what TheJake is saying. Sometimes just wandering around the gym and working whatever you feel like working that day is fun and I do it when I'm in between programs. I look at it as ****ing around but still getting something done.

Comment

Bench works your deltoids also, so why try to fatigue them by doing another excerise?

Comment

Tom -
              Because an incline changes the emphasis.

That's like saying why to concentration curls when you've already done barbell curls??

You do different exercises to stimulate different areas for growth.

LB -
              That's exactly what I'm saying man. I go back to America in two weeks and I don't have a new program worked out. So until I do, it's just maintaining my gains and trying to increase my bench/squat/deadlift.

- The Jake

Comment

Originally posted by The Jake
                Tom -

That's like saying why to concentration curls when you've already done barbell curls??

You do different exercises to stimulate different areas for growth
                Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Jake
                  Tom -

You do different exercises to stimulate different areas for growth.

- The Jake
                  So, i'm confused, why are you trying to get your muscles to grow? A strength routine isn't looking for muscle growth. Incline might hit the front and side delts a little different, but not so much that i think it should be included in a strength training routine. Bench press also hits the same delts. If you are truly looking to increase your bench, i would say work very hard on your tri's with close grip bench bress and or jm presses.

Comment

Working...
                  X