No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios vs Barrera Showdown Will Happen, Says Beltran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios vs Barrera Showdown Will Happen, Says Beltran

Marco Antonio Barrera (67-7, 44KOs) is ready to fight Brandon Rios (27-0, 20KOs) for the WBA lightweight championship. Fernando Beltran, owner of Zanfer Promotions, who co-promote Barrera with Top Rank, has stated that his boxer will accept the fight once Rios recovers from his right hand injury. Rios badly bruised his right hand last Saturday in Las Vegas when he captured the WBA crown with a tenth-round TKO over Miguel Acosta.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Soto bltch azz better fight bam bam after.

Comment

Man I love Barrera & Morales,but why do they wanna go & get their a$$'s kicked by 2 young,big,big powerpunchers at their healthy old age??

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
        Man I love Barrera & Morales,but why do they wanna go & get their a$$'s kicked by 2 young,big,big powerpunchers at their healthy old age??

if they both win, it sets up EM-MAB 4

Comment

even in having a stubborn attitude...barrera doesn't wanna get behind morales.

morales-maidana

then

barrera-rios

why don't they just put this in a back-to-back ppv card...i'll definitely buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Marco Antonio Barrera (67-7, 44KOs) is ready to fight Brandon Rios (27-0, 20KOs) for the WBA lightweight championship. Fernando Beltran, owner of Zanfer Promotions, who co-promote Barrera with Top Rank, has stated that his boxer will accept the fight once Rios recovers from his right hand injury. Rios badly bruised his right hand last Saturday in Las Vegas when he captured the WBA crown with a tenth-round TKO over Miguel Acosta.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            These promoters need to stop trying to kill off mexican legends..

Comment

I read somewhere that the only way to retire a legend is to beat it into them. I had the pleasure of watching legends fight from Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, to Juan Manuel Marquez. And now I am going to be part of history in witnessing their consecutive retirements. Erik Morales to Marcos Maidana, Marco Antonio Barrera to Brandon Rios, and Juan Manuel Marquez to (hopefully) Manny Pacquiao.

Mike Tyson finally started accepting the idea of retirement when an unknown journeyman named James "Buster" Douglas knocked him out in Japan. Muhammad Ali finally realized that his time was up when Larry Holmes put him to canvas in his comeback/retirement bout. Then again I might just witness an upset in the making worth remembering, who knows? Men who experienced greatness need the experience of great defeat to know when to say enough is enough.

Comment

Fighters always want that last big payday before they call it a career. Even tho this fight is for the title it won't sell and will probably be on regular hbo bad. If Morales wins and looks good he can get a real payday against someone.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                  I read somewhere that the only way to retire a legend is to beat it into them. I had the pleasure of watching legends fight from Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, to Juan Manuel Marquez. And now I am going to be part of history in witnessing their consecutive retirements. Erik Morales to Marcos Maidana, Marco Antonio Barrera to Brandon Rios, and Juan Manuel Marquez to (hopefully) Manny Pacquiao.

Mike Tyson finally started accepting the idea of retirement when an unknown journeyman named James "Buster" Douglas knocked him out in Japan. Muhammad Ali finally realized that his time was up when Larry Holmes put him to canvas in his comeback/retirement bout. Then again I might just witness an upset in the making worth remembering, who knows? Men who experienced greatness need the experience of great defeat to know when to say enough is enough.
                  Mike Tyson was only 24 years old when he lost to Buster Douglas, and he had been boxing pro for only 4 years. 1 loss at that age, and with that little years as a pro, doesn't warrant thinking about retirement. With his age, combined with his rounds boxed at the time of his first loss[all of those 1st round, 2nd round TKO's, come on he hardly was in wars at that time and barely broke a sweat in most fights], Mike Tyson was still pretty much, young, prime, and at his best, in terms of boxing age and age it self.

Unless you think 4-5 years of pro boxing and being 24 years old is already time to hang them up because of 1 loss.

Comment

Brandon Rios was hurt to the body vs Acosta...Rios has gone down twice with body shots....

Marco just KO'd a guy last month in 4 rounds..if he still has some power left..he could upset Rios..barrera is a bxer with superb accuracy...And Rios isn't quite a TOP TIER fighter to just run over Barrera...should be a nice fight tho..

Comment

Working...
                    X