Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs still not enrolled to Vada?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    This is how I understand the programme.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/wbc-...nked-fighters/

But it seems like Jacobs is not ranked with the WBC - http://wbcboxing.com/ratings/ratings-wbc-dic-2016.pdf

That would mean he doesn't have to be enrolled. Wonder if he's doing the pre-fight randomised testing at least.
    The WBC needs to expand the rules then because it doesn't apply to unifications or fighters ranked by other organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Does his race really have any relevance to do in regards to testing?
      Of course not. This is just another race baiting tactic by boxingscenes class clown.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        neither has been reported as being tested
        This is not true. Since Golovkin has a WBC title, he's enrolled in CBP, which does year round testing whether you have a fight or not. He may have been tested at any time. Jacobs doesn't have to be in CBP since he has no ranking in WBC, and thus only gets tested when he has a fight on his calendar.

There doesn't seme to be a lot of information when it comes to testing results. I believe before the Wade fight, Golovkin's tests weren't published officially until less than 30 days from the fight, and all of Golovkin trolls came out of the woodworks saying he's dirty.

That was bull****, just like I assume it's the same for Danny. His enrollment / testing will be published sometime within the next month. Personally, I don't think he's dirty at all. People usually wise up in their later 20s, and on top of that Danny had cancer. Something serious like that makes you take a long hard look at your life and focus on what's important.

He's in phenomenal shape, and I believe he's taking his training very seriously. I'm still giving Golovkin the edge because I think he's truly a better fighter, but Danny is absolutely a live dog in this fight. The 8-1 odds are crazy and based on hype.

Comment

They both should be tested.

It's clearly an injustice when one is allowed to cheat and the other is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Danny Jacobs is a privileged African-American fighter and doesn't need to do VADA.

He'll need every possible advantage to beat Golovkin.
            He isnt ranked by the WBC hence he does not have to enroll..but of course you make it about race

Comment

They both should be tested.

It's clearly an injustice when one is allowed to cheat and the other is not.
              one is ranked by the WBC..the other is not...pretty simple

Comment

If Danny Jacobs didn't agree to VADA testing, then why the hell would his manager be dumb enough to give an interview saying they insisted Golovkin be tested (when he's already enrolled in year round VADA)?

Somebody needs to get Fat Dan to investigate this.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  one is ranked by the WBC..the other is not...pretty simple
                  One is being tested, the other is not.

Is that fair? Do you want one fighter to have an unfair advantage over the other?

If you had any sense of sportsmanship or honor, you'd agree they BOTH should be tested so it will be a FAIR FIGHT.

Comment

One is being tested, the other is not.

Is that fair? Do you want one fighter to have an unfair advantage over the other?

If you had any sense of sportsmanship or honor, you'd agree they BOTH should be tested so it will be a FAIR FIGHT.
                    Good then it's not fair for you to blame wilder for wanting a fair fight against pedvetkin and blaming wilder for pedvetkin taking peds, oh the irony!

Consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Herrera View Post
                      Good then it's not fair for you to blame wilder for wanting a fair fight against pedvetkin and blaming wilder for pedvetkin taking peds, oh the irony!
                      Who's alt is this?

If Povetkin really were on PEDs and ONLY Wilder was tested, then of course it would be unfair.

Different situation entirely. Both were tested, both challenger and titleholder.

So similarly, both Jacobs and Golovkin should be tested.

Comment

Working...
                      X