Probabilities of who manny's next opponent will be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probabilities of who manny's next opponent will be

No chance- thurman, Porter, danny, Brook

Barely a chance - marquez.. Jmm says no but a monster paycheck and a chance for that elusive welter strap could change his mind

10% chance- canelo or cotto's rematch.. Probably will never agree to weight, but too much money not to at least explore it

20% chance- lomachenko- only makes sense for manny-loma at 140 but it would be much better with a 140 title at stake. Until one of them grabs a 140 title possibl off crawford, then I don't see this fight happening unless they are desperate

23% - walters.. If he blasts out loma, then I could see arum cashing him out vs manny in an action fight that manny could possibly score a ko in..

35% crawford-- this fight will happen but just not yet.. Crawford too dangerous and not a big enough draw yet.. Risk outweights reward.

40% Broner- exact opposite of crawford fight,,, this fight will sell and won't carry nearly as much risk. But broner may mess up negotioations

50% khan- much like the broner fight, it will sell without much risk, plus huge UK ppv money, and khan should be an easy deal to make

70% floyd mayweather....too much money

Floyd.

Easy fight for Floyd, opportunity for Manny, crazy payday for both. Makes too much sense not to do it, besides the fact that the first fight was a disgrace and if they cared about the sport they wouldnt.

If no Floyd, have Broner cosplay as him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Barely a chance - marquez.. Jmm says no but a monster paycheck and a chance for that elusive welter strap could change his mind

10% chance- canelo or cotto's rematch.. Probably will never agree to weight, but too much money not to at least explore it

20% chance- lomachenko- only makes sense for manny-loma at 140 but it would be much better with a 140 title at stake. Until one of them grabs a 140 title possibl off crawford, then I don't see this fight happening unless they are desperate

23% - walters.. If he blasts out loma, then I could see arum cashing him out vs manny in an action fight that manny could possibly score a ko in..

35% crawford-- this fight will happen but just not yet.. Crawford too dangerous and not a big enough draw yet.. Risk outweights reward.

40% Broner- exact opposite of crawford fight,,, this fight will sell and won't carry nearly as much risk. But broner may mess up negotioations

50% khan- much like the broner fight, it will sell without much risk, plus huge UK ppv money, and khan should be an easy deal to make

You think Manny will take the 20-30 % Floyd will offer him you know Floyd will squeeze him like a lemon now , the fight will be lucky to do the mill buys I cant see what some predicted at 2 mill buys I dont think it would get anywhere near that .

Comment

I agree with the chances other than Canelo, it should be 30% way too much money involved

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Pacquiao-Vargas, according to the rumors, did 200k homes on PPV (basically $7m after paying all outside parties); let that sink in.

Floyd's not bothering with the Pacquiao fight (after splitting things 60/40 Mayweather on the first fight, and Mayweather clearly whooping Pacquiao, I doubt that Floyd even gets out of bed for shorter than 75/25 Mayweather for the rematch, terms that Arum likely makes nothing on), Broner has financially viable fights on his own (About Billions Promotions is likely the lead promoter for the Granados fight if it ends up in Cincinnati, while also still having the Burns fight for the Spring, both showdowns that likely put whatever Top Rank has to offer in Broner's pocket anyway), and the PBC-affiliated welterweight titlists are likely facing each other (even Amir Khan, for all of his thirstiness, still has the Brook fight as his best financial option). On top of that, JMM has the pride of feeling that he'd been robbed three times before flattening Pacquiao that makes the rematch really unlikely.

Shawn Porter, Terrence Crawford, and Vasyl Lomachenko at 135lbs are the only real options, imo

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Floyd.

Easy fight for Floyd, opportunity for Manny, crazy payday for both. Makes too much sense not to do it, besides the fact that the first fight was a disgrace and if they cared about the sport they wouldnt.

If no Floyd, have Broner cosplay as him.
            Except that it's not a crazy payday, as demonstrated by Pacquiao generating maybe $10m total for the Vargas fight. After getting a 60% share on a fight that likely ended up clearing $300m (and winning the fight in so clear fashion that folks were suing Pacquiao over his **** performance), what do you think Floyd is going to demand to give Pacquiao a shot at redemption?

obviously way more than the original 60%.

Comment

Pacquiaos next opponent is diabetesalis mother, type2diabetes...and by opponent I mean sexual conquest

Comment

Get ready for pacquiao vs Bradley 4

Comment

Pac vs Vargas 2 "Because **** you"

Comment

70% Floyd? That seems wayyyyy high to me. Idk why so many cats have switched back to thinking Floyd vs Manny II is imminent cuz Floyd went to a Manny fight down the street from his house.

I think Crawford is probably the most likely guy & I suspect if it was 100% Arum's decision it would be next up for Manny. Arum is the quintessential promoter & promoting 101 says you pass the torch in house. There is no way Arum wants to allow Broner, Brook or Thurman to get a Pacquiao bump in their popularity & level of fame.

Comment

Working...
                    X