Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do they ask questions using rare words in exams? The question is hard alone!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Without them using a bunch of words ive barely heard before when they ask it.

Its like...

Why was Lennie so rude for taking a crap?

But they ask it like this...

Why was Lennie so abhorrent when he once laid a stool?

WHO THE FCUK IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT? I WANT TO MURDER THEM!!
    Thou art an imbecilic c unt!

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
      Schools teach you how to learn, what you learn is irrelevant really. School should be able to equip you with the skills to find out information about those things on your own.
      You can't be taught how to learn. School is really about teaching you how to function in the particular society those said schools have sprung up from. For instance, U.S will rarely ever used a text book from Mexico, whether it was published in English or not. Canada and US share borders, but most likely will never used the same text books, because their societies are kinda wired differently.

In other words, schools are merely an assembly line for the workforce that the society needs to function.

Comment

Schools teach you how to learn, what you learn is irrelevant really. School should be able to equip you with the skills to find out information about those things on your own.
        I learned stuff on my own to be honest...I never found school interesting. I loved art, I joined art clubs, the art teachers liked my drawings, that's about it. I know though, that in the US it really depends on the area you're from, schools differ greatly.

60% of your personality comes from peers, at least psychologists say. So if you go to school with degenerates, there's a good chance that's what you're going to be. Unless your parents and the genetic part of your personality helps you fight off becoming that

Scotland however, i've read good things about Scotland and Finland, i'm pretty sure I read they're top 3 in the world when it comes to pre k-12th grade...at least a few years back, not sure where they rank now, I remember them being #1 and #2

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          My accounting teacher in high school used a spare class to teach us to do our own tax return. Maybe it is the subject some of us specialized in. However, i do agree that the educational system needs overhauling and that students are being spammed with garbage they will throw away by the time they get to the next grade.
          I think there's a certain level of math everyone should know, after that, it's useless to know more unless your profession requires it...what's the use for calculus really, practically nothing, for the average joe

Economics (macro and micro), Comparative Politics, American Politics, Tax classes, Governmental accounting (how the government allocates funds for who and what)...by far the most interesting subjects I have ever learned at any point from pre-k to college

Comment

Ok...I was way off. Of course top 5 school systems had to be all Asian countries...

But yeah, then Finland is 6

Comment

I don't believe he's a real persona. People aren't that stupid. I joined this site when I was 14 and I wasn't nearly as much of a ****** as him when I was that age.
              Exactly! Big ups as well, I joined this site at 14 too , thrown into the fire young like Canelo and Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I think there's a certain level of math everyone should know, after that, it's useless to know more unless your profession requires it...what's the use for calculus really, practically nothing, for the average joe

Economics (macro and micro), Comparative Politics, American Politics, Tax classes, Governmental accounting (how the government allocates funds for who and what)...by far the most interesting subjects I have ever learned at any point from pre-k to college
                Don't believe teachers aren't instructed to pay attention and report to certain branches of governments. Calculus and other applied maths are filtering systems used to pick out the smartest and the brightest and try to streamline them into certain societal needed field. They require a certain level of logical understanding and as such, are less about memorizing, and more critical thinking. This is kind of thinking that is good for the advancement of society, in terms of engineering, medicine and other related science field.

Comment

Don't believe teachers aren't instructed to pay attention and report to certain branches of governments. Calculus and other applied maths are filtering systems used to pick out the smartest and the brightest and try to streamline them into certain societal needed field. They require a certain level of logical understanding and as such, are less about memorizing, and more critical thinking. This is kind of thinking that is good for the advancement of society, in terms of engineering, medicine and other related science field.
                  Absolutely, if that's what the person is interested in, by all means do calculus 1, 2, 3, physics 1, 2, 3, thermodynamics, chemistry, 1, 2, 3 etc.

But really, there's a higher percentage of jobs that don't require such high level of math than jobs that do. Even in the federal gov, like CIA, where they want the best of the best graduates

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Absolutely, if that's what the person is interested in, by all means do calculus 1, 2, 3, physics 1, 2, 3, thermodynamics, chemistry, 1, 2, 3 etc.

But really, there's a higher percentage of jobs that don't require such high level of math than jobs that do. Even in the federal gov, like CIA, where they want the best of the best graduates
                    It is not about the math per se. The math is maybe the only effective tool we have to evaluate high level critical thinking. I usually find people who are poor in math are usually poor thinkers and bad decision makers.

Comment

It is not about the math per se. The math is maybe the only effective tool we have to evaluate high level critical thinking. I usually find people who are poor in math are usually poor thinkers and bad decision makers.
                      I'm not too sure about your theory. I have read about very smart thinkers who struggled with math. Call him whatever you want, but Thomas Edison I think was a good thinker, to get behind all of those patents and put his name on everything, find the solution to the light bulb, and have 100s of other patents

It's all bull****, but yeah he was bad at math, they called him dumb in school, the subject he was worst at was math

Comment

Working...
                      X