Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What attributes does Tyson Fury have to where he'll give David Haye trouble?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem is that Haye can take a shot, he eat some shots from Vlad and he was never in trouble, Fury has a problems with his chin, he still didn't face any huge punchers, and Haye with his speed and power... OMG. That will be terrible for Fury.

Comment

His overall physical ability. His size to be exact. He's naturally larger and stronger than David Haye; Coupled with his height, reach and weight advantage.

However, his biggest attribute his ability to fight in close against smaller and weaker opponents. Therefore, I expect him to attempt to throw his weight around against the smaller Haye, to the point of wearing him down on the inside by mauling him and making it a very physical and grueling bout.

It's his only chance of winning. David has to keep the fight at a distance and attempt to keep Fury from bum rushing on the inside to smother his punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        His overall physical ability. His size to be exact. He's naturally larger and stronger than David Haye; Coupled with his height, reach and weight advantage.

However, his biggest attribute his ability to fight in close against smaller and weaker opponents. Therefore, I expect him to attempt to throw his weight around against the smaller Haye, to the point of wearing him down on the inside by mauling him and making it a very physical and grueling bout.

It's his only chance of winning. David has to keep the fight at a distance and attempt to keep Fury from bum rushing on the inside to smother his punching power.
        Yep, Fury has to bully him and just make it ugly in general (which he can do) - as someone else stated, he also has to survive the first hald of the fight and take it into the late rounds. Then it could get very exciting.

Comment

Fury has nothing that will bother Haye at least Valuev could take a shot, Fury is chinny and has no power and is easy to hit. His only attributes is size and and a big mouth that got him a big money fight. I dont see Fury lasting 3 rounds, i think its time Haye took on someone with a pulse he is wasting his career away with these kind of minimal risk fights against bums. Other that Wlad and maybe Chisora his Heavyweight opponents are a list of dire has beens and Fury as time will prove is even worse than some of them.

Comment

His mum has a periwinkle blue caravan.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              The Valuev comparrison is unfair, just because they are both big

I belive Fury would have beaten Valuev badly over 12 rounds and he wouldn't have needed to run around the ring and potshot either, he'd just batter valuev from mid-range

That said, this fight is more about Haye than it is Fury imo

At 33, having been out of the ring for 2 years, I'm not sure how hungry Haye is.

If he comes in 100% then he wins, if however he is lacking motivation which i suspect, then we may find this an interesting fight indeed
              Well, size matters in terms of a Fury-Valuev fight. I believe Fury has a longer reach as well - a department Haye was very inferior in. You can't really compare the way two large men would fight with a small man vs a huge man.

The rest I agree with.

If Fury comes to put his weight on Haye and rip into him, he may have a chance. He shouldn't try to outbox him because Haye would knock him out in a couple of rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                Fury has nothing that will bother Haye at least Valuev could take a shot, Fury is chinny and has no power and is easy to hit. His only attributes is size and and a big mouth that got him a big money fight. I dont see Fury lasting 3 rounds, i think its time Haye took on someone with a pulse he is wasting his career away with these kind of minimal risk fights against bums. Other that Wlad and maybe Chisora his Heavyweight opponents are a list of dire has beens and Fury as time will prove is even worse than some of them.
                Other than Fury, who do you consider a good fight for Haye? One that could generally ignite interest and a 50/50 fight?

Count out the K bros because they obviously won't fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Other than Fury, who do you consider a good fight for Haye? One that could generally ignite interest and a 50/50 fight?

Count out the K bros because they obviously won't fight him.
                  Not many out there but Perez, Solis, Thompson, Arreola even Povetkin are all miles above Fury and they should be fighting it out with Haye for the right to have another go at Wlad. Fury is a useless lump and will be totally outclassed by Haye, i honestly think he knows it himself, but doesnt much care when he is getting £5m for his trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                    Not many out there but Perez, Solis, Thompson, Arreola even Povetkin are all miles above Fury and they should be fighting it out with Haye for the right to have another go at Wlad. Fury is a useless lump and will be totally outclassed by Haye, i honestly think he knows it himself, but doesnt much care when he is getting £5m for his trouble.
                    Surely you can't be serious? Arreola is on par with Fury and Povetkin slightly higher but would also get destroyed. People would be on Haye's back for taking on Povetkin after the fight against Wlad.

The HW division is incredibly weak at the moment, and Fury is one of the best options out there for Haye, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
                      David Haye almost KOed Nickolay Valuev who is even bigger than Fury ,so what will Fury have to bring to the table that Valuev didn't?
                      Fury is more mobile than Valuev and more dynamic, he will stand and trade with Haye if he has to, which may play against him but it will make for a far more exciting fight.

I personally believe this is a straight forward fight for Haye but if Fury sticks to a gameplan, jabs him, holds him on the inside, works those big hard uppercuts, he can make it a long long night for Haye. If he decides to trade and lets his instincts take over, he will be in for a painful knockout.

I actually believe Fury has somewhat of a chance to win but he has to be smart and mobile and use his HUGE natural size advantage to lean on and tire the much smaller Haye.

Comment

Working...
                      X