No announcement yet.

Religious people are less intelligent than atheists, study finds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An impeccable source...

The reality is, the difference in IQ is minimal.

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Poverty creates less opportunity for education, lack of education breeds ignorance and dependence. Ignorance and dependence destroys the desire to explore and understand.
    Such a cool story. I'm mirin dat dere famed intelligence.

Comment

I'm going to bed, won't be responding to anything tonight. Will just leave this here in the meantime;

Finally, the poll of scientists finds that four-in-ten scientists (41%) say they do not believe in God or a higher power, while the poll of the public finds that only 4% of Americans share this view

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/s...s-and-bel:ief/

Comment

Let people have their faith. I am not religious, but faith helps people get through crappy situations in this crappy life, and I guarantee that no atheist rambling out their "superior" mindset will do better.

Comment

Well there's a dearth of atheists who packed up their lives onboard their failboat and headed to a Polynesian island before fucking it up and begging to their hated government to bring them home again.

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Btw I believe in God. But in an atheist steered society faith in Jehovah is discouraged.
          You live in the United States where political hopefuls must declare their faith before having a chance of being elected, where there's a church on every corner, with the highest religiosity of anywhere in the developed world and where the President holds prayer breakfasts.

I think you're lying about the IQ test.

Comment

Finally found the true reason why I'm dull. I'm never going to church again, never again...

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              You live in the United States where political hopefuls must declare their faith before having a chance of being elected, where there's a church on every corner, with the highest religiosity of anywhere in the developed world and where the President holds prayer breakfasts.

I think you're lying about the IQ test.
              Not to mention the fact that in seven different states (Arkansas, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas) atheists are still banned from holding public office.

Comment

lmao....WoW @ dis thread

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMANE704 View Post
                  lmao....WoW @ dis thread
                  Yea! You should crush them with your intellectual prowess.

Edit:
                  ^^^That was me being a ****ing stupid ****. I take it back. Had some arrogant wanker do that to me last night, and it p1ssed me the **** off.

Anyway, the topic.

Does seem to me that the religious people ive known, although highly educated and intelligent, dont harshly critique the religious faith they were raised with.
                  Faith is more important to them.
                  Last edited by The Noose; 08-13-2013, 06:03 AM.

Comment

There's a shocker.

Comment

just have a look at bscene if you're really impressed by the intelligence of atheists, rofl.

you're closed minded!
                      no you're closed minded.

it's bscene, doe. they'll probably spell it "your."

Comment

Working...
                      X