How do you beat Gennady Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transform into Andre Ward tbh...

Comment

Jab, clinch, jab, clinch, jab, clinch, jab, clinch, hook, hold for 20 seconds, clinch right after ref breaks the clinch followed by another clinch to follow up that last clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
        Andre Ward has never done that to anybody lol
        This type of dumb **** is why no one takes you seriously.
        Don't fall for troll bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          And don't say move to 168. Good stiff jab? Lateral movement? Get his respect early?
          How about a baseball bat for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
            throw him in there with Andre Ward
            and you'll see his first loss
            Wonder what would happen if I Ward got thrown in the ring with Wlad?

Comment

And don't say move to 168. Good stiff jab? Lateral movement? Get his respect early?
              Bring a gun. Haha.

It won't be easy. Golovkin has a good work rate, hard punches, solid chin, great footwork and positioning, confidence and at the same time, his fights don't go the distance.

I compare him to Chavez. So I guess we could look at a fighter like Whitaker or Randall maybe. Obviously a fighter like Whitaker who can keep the pace slow and jab and keep it a boxing match. I don't know about now though. I really think Chavez wasn't the same KO artist when he fought Whitaker that he was earlier in his career. He just didn't have the mean streak GGG does. Deep inside, Golovkin wants his opponents out of there. A decision isn't an option. At this point, I don't see him losing for a few years. He's got too many tools, too much discipline and that mean streak will keep the KOs coming.

Comment

push em back turn em push em back turn em, smother him and avoid his big shots and stay in the center of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  Here's the blueprint. Just stay busy all rounds and move, use the ring. Lemieux's reach is his disadvantage. His advantage is body shot crosses. The same failed body shot attempts in which Matthysse never attempted on Postol. The accuracy margin is higher for shorter dudes if the cross is provided.

Good analysis!

However, GGG is great at cutting off the ring. He knows how to keep an opponent from utilizing the ring. And as bigger fights happen, I'm betting he tries to get smaller rings for every fight. The movers like bigger rings, after all.

Comment

So I guess clinch him to death? Gennady fights well out of the clinch.

Comment

Gotta beat Gi Gi using that boring, constant clinching style of Klitschko, Postol and Ward. Movers like Floyd probably can't get away cuz Gi Gi cuts off the ring very good.

Comment

Working...
                      X