No announcement yet.

Being Poor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Poor

I am so sick of it,paycheck to paycheck for the last 5 years and i cannot take it anymore.Work my ass off for what so the dickhead president of my company can get a million dollar bonus while i get a fcking turkey.We as american need to get out in the streets and protest this bs.

Being poor is mostly a state of mind with the factors of greed, desire and contentment all figured in. Somebody living in the streets and sleeping in the streets is poor. Somebody working paycheck to pay check is actually not poor. Most of the time its just that they want more material things or greater things that they already have.

I understand where you are coming from Mark, it does seem unfair. But if you were to get a job that you truely loved, one where you wake up each morning looking forward to going to work it would help your frame of mind.

I found that the most happy I was through life were the times that I enjoyed my job but made considerably less money than my chosen vocation. It's weird how it works out.

Now, since my stroke, I am on disability making far less than I ever had. I still work on my own projects but with less money I am actually happier then I have been in years.

I hope that you can find peace in this world.........Rockin'

Comment

I'm with you T/S... What I hate most is being paid on the 1st and 15th so it's a whole 2 weeks before I get my next check. Check it, i got $70 to my name for the next 10 days and my job's about 35-40 miles away from my house so over 60 of that is going to gas. I just bought my son his diapers and wipes and still need to take care of my family.

It's not that I want "material" things because I've done fine with the things I've gotten in the past. Hell, I just want more for my family. I want better food to cook and the best things for my son. But I know what you mean, living paycheck to paycheck aint what's up

Comment

What I learned this year is that you have to come up with your own scam.

The only ppl who are financially independent are good scammers.

Comment

Im broke, all i got is £5 in my wallet right now

Comment

the more u make the more u spend, i used to earn about 75% more than what im on now, and i was still broke before payday (get/got paid monthly)

U just spend more money on stuff u dont need, go out 3 days at the weekend instead of 1 (if that), eat a bit better, have a nicer holiday etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              What I learned this year is that you have to come up with your own scam.

The only ppl who are financially independent are good scammers.
              I have known that since i was 15 i am 28,i went to prison i prefer outside life.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                Being poor is mostly a state of mind with the factors of greed, desire and contentment all figured in. Somebody living in the streets and sleeping in the streets is poor. Somebody working paycheck to pay check is actually not poor. Most of the time its just that they want more material things or greater things that they already have.

I understand where you are coming from Mark, it does seem unfair. But if you were to get a job that you truely loved, one where you wake up each morning looking forward to going to work it would help your frame of mind.

I found that the most happy I was through life were the times that I enjoyed my job but made considerably less money than my chosen vocation. It's weird how it works out.

Now, since my stroke, I am on disability making far less than I ever had. I still work on my own projects but with less money I am actually happier then I have been in years.

I hope that you can find peace in this world.........Rockin'
                My bro as a former fighter myself i can only express that you are the man,you keep pluggin gives inspiration to me,with a quickness you have become one of my best buddies on this site.take care homie.

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post
                  Im broke, all i got is £5 in my wallet right now
                  I broke my knuckle and stole some tylenol,broke but in pain.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    I have known that since i was 15 i am 28,i went to prison i prefer outside life.
                    plenty of legal scams, what do you call boxing?

Comment

Working...
                    X