Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's say that Mayweather starts to say 154 is too big for him..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
    He has never made 154 and is not a 154 pound fighter,If Manny can say it and get away with it why not Floyd
    Good grief, Pac fights on a a regular basis, Floyd dont fight so stop complaining will ya? How can you begin to compare Pac to Floyd? If Floyd dont fight 154 guys, at least fight more 147 guys than you are doing and dont complain while do so, is that too much to ask?

Floyd couldnt make a CW with JMM so Floyd is of course a bigger guy than Pac. He has become a natural 147 guy through age, and 154 is not a big ask for someone who does so little like Floyd does.

Comment

Floyd is not a natural at that weight. I mean even against Cotto, what did he weigh? Like 151 at the weigh in? Was it less on fight night?

And it's not like Canelo a small 154 fighter too.

I don't think Canelo deserves a shot (unless he beats Trout). That said if he does and Floyd fights him and beats him I still don't think he gets any credit. People will just start talking about how he should then fight Sergio, despite Sergio not making that weight since like '09.

Sad thing is in regards to a lot of boxers, especially in the cases of Floyd & Manny, there's hardly any context or middle ground with these guys. It's always one extreme to the other, which is a massive shame considering their achievements.

Best thing Floyd can do is come out and say I can't really make that 154 limit & fight the best at 147.

Comment

To be honest I do think he can compete against boxer who move to 154 like Cotto or Canelo and I feel like he can compete with mediocre 154 IBs like angulo but he would have problems with the bigger guys like Kirkland or Trout but money in a Canelo fight cannot be ignored so it's a fight that he has to take.

Comment

I'm calling it right now, after Trout gets done with canelo, Floyd will be too small for 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I'm calling it right now, after Trout gets done with canelo, Floyd will be too small for 154.
            Mayweathers style would be a field day for Trout, just saying he has NEVER faced someone with the skill of Trout..Size.

Trout would almost have every advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              All of those guys moved up through multiple weight classes, Duran, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns...Granted most of those guys were wayy bigger, but Duran and Langford is a good point.
              Hagler? Marvin was a career MW.
              You've been conditioned to believe those guys were so great it has u fabricating there stats unknowingly.

Comment

what's wrong with admitting floyd shouldn't be fighting at that weight and is to small for it?it's a freaking fact he can't even weight 154.

he looks horrible at the weight, but he has the skills to fight there and eek out a victory.

the reason people won't admit he's to small for the weight is that beating a canelo is a lot more impressive than they want to admit.

also even suggesting he should fight trout an sergio means that floyd is a hell of lot better than they claim to think he is.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                  Hagler? Marvin was a career MW.
                  You've been conditioned to believe those guys were so great it has u fabricating there stats unknowingly.
                  I did not mean to include Hagler, but those guys were great, what the F has Floyd done great???????

Dude has taking ok competition, but he cant be compared to a Duran or SRL.....You are a f-l-o-m-o.

Floyd ducked Paul Williams and undefeated Cotto, remember when he retired after that Delahoya fight??

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                    what's wrong with admitting floyd shouldn't be fighting at that weight and is to small for it?it's a freaking fact he can't even weight 154.

he looks horrible at the weight, but he has the skills to fight there and eek out a victory.

the reason people won't admit he's to small for the weight is that beating a canelo is a lot more impressive than they want to admit.

also even suggesting he should fight trout an sergio means that floyd is a hell of lot better than they claim to think he is.
                    Hmmm, does this apply to everyone?? Martinez has never made 160.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      Mayweathers style would be a field day for Trout, just saying he has NEVER faced someone with the skill of Trout..Size.

Trout would almost have every advantage.
                      Stop smoking the pipe. 10 months ago you didnt even know Trouts name now hes the be all end all. Trout did beat the same washed up shot Cotto that Floyd did. Go back and watch the Delvin Rodriguez fight and come back and tell me if you think Trouts the best JMW in the world. And I got a question for you. Why arent you guys lobbying for Canelo and Trout to move up the way you guys are screaming for Broner to? Its OK for those guys to suck weight and fight smaller guys but you guys crush Broner on this site. Hypocrites.
                      Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X