No announcement yet.

Canelo-khan ppv sales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
    If Canelo-Cotto did over a million, why are people on here so quick to claim is will do worse. Khan seems to be a much bigger name internationally than Cotto.
    lulzwot

Cotto - An established PPV fighter in the US with a solid fanbase and has sold out MSG like 15 times.

Khan - Never been on PPV in the US. And "international" means nothing in the US. I live in India and I can tell you no one here is paying to watch Khan fight

Comment

Going by my own level of hype for this fight. 800k

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Has it been confirmed for Sky PPV yet? I have a hard time believing many will stay up until 6 in the morning for a paid fight with a guy who's fought once on Sky in the last 3-4 years.

Won't have the matchroom propoganda machine behind it either.
        I'm not sure mate, someone mentioned it being PPV the other day but no confirmation.

Sky Sports could sell ice to an Eskimo so I think they could make this a successful PPV no problem. Hype it on ringside, give it a few promos and the names alone will do the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          I'm not sure mate, someone mentioned it being PPV the other day but no confirmation.

Sky Sports could sell ice to an Eskimo so I think they could make this a successful PPV no problem. Hype it on ringside, give it a few promos and the names alone will do the rest.
          Without Eddie's wheeler n dealer tactics? Not sure.

Thought Mayweather vs Pacquiao was poorly promoted. Can't see how this could be better.

Comment

lulzwot

Cotto - An established PPV fighter in the US with a solid fanbase and has sold out MSG like 15 times.

Khan - Never been on PPV in the US. And "international" means nothing in the US. I live in India and I can tell you no one here is paying to watch Khan fight
            But people in India are willing to watch a Diva In Cotto... I doubt it. Also it takes less than a couple articles listening to the general public you would see that this fight is getting quite a bit of talk already.

You have the Irish Mexican, people love the kid.
            Then you have the guy the whole welterweight division is running from (Mayweather,Pacquaio,Garcia,Brooke, ect...). This fight will be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
              But people in India are willing to watch a Diva In Cotto... I doubt it. Also it takes less than a couple articles listening to the general public you would see that this fight is getting quite a bit of talk already.

You have the Irish Mexican, people love the kid.
              Then you have the guy the whole welterweight division is running from (Mayweather,Pacquaio,Garcia,Brooke, ect...). This fight will be huge.
              That's not what I'm saying. But Indians are not a buying power in the US or anywhere else for that matter, but Khan likes to mention it a lot.

Sure, people say it's a mismatch. Canelo on his own has proven not to be the draw that Oscar claims he is.

He's coming up with superlatives that i've never even heard of to hype up Canelo.

Cotto is a FAR FAR bigger star and draw in the US and they still "only" did 900k. No way is a fight with Khan topping that.

Comment

I say it cracks a mil. It'd do way less if it wasn't on Cinco De Mayo weekend.

Comment

Without Eddie's wheeler n dealer tactics? Not sure.

Thought Mayweather vs Pacquiao was poorly promoted. Can't see how this could be better.
                  I don't see why not.

At the end of the day, they are about making money. They have sold terrible cards as.PPV and done well, Khan-Canelo should have zero problem selling for £14.99 or whatever without over the top promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    100 % agree, some also think that weight classes are defined by how much you weight on fight night, its ridiculous ...
                    Yes, and some masturbate to Canelo's pictures and think they are boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      Yes, and some masturbate to Canelo's pictures and think they are boxing fans.
                      eith, there is all kinds of fans here on nsb, some wont stop nut hugging but some will call it like it is, personally I called canelos next fight a joke and I also see some ggg fans doing the same about the wade fight instead of using the ibf mandatory excuse..

Comment

Working...
                      X