Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creed movie thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the first half of the film. The second half went into the usual Rocky style cheese, but it's a Rocky film so you get what you expect.

I liked the use of the real boxers, HBO ect. Jordan was well cast also.

Comment

It crossed the $100M mark in the US on a $35M budget. Expect Creed II in a couple years with a Conlan rematch after he gets released early for good behavior.

Comment

I loved this movie. I thought it was really cool with what HBO provided for the film. Like, how they basically used Andre Ward's life story as the background for his character Danny Wheeler.

Fight scenes were on point, felt connected to the characters. Especially what Adonis says near the end of the Conlan fight when they were thinking about throwing in the towel, I almost teared up, that shyt was deep.

Rocky: kid you don't have anything left to prove
        Adonis: yes I do
        Rocky: what?
        Adonis: That I'm not a mistake

wow.

Comment

Better than Southpaw, but eh it was ok.

Looking forward to the new Undefeated film.

Comment

creed

Creed is familiar to a fault, hitting its narrative beats with the lazy confidence of a boxer throwing jabs at his punching bag. And yet, though we've seen this story before, it's been a long time since we've seen it told with such a clear-eyed grasp of why winning is so much less interesting than the process of putting up a good fight.

Comment

Creed: The New Rocky Movie.

Really liked the Rocky movies, so I hope this is good. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Creed was fantastic. This was so much better than it had any right to be.

Really the 7th Rocky movie with a familiar (downright copied) story and it was actally very good?

Boxing scenes in a movie will always look kind of staged. I would say Southpaw may have had more realistic scenes, but overall Creed had better additions. Loved the way they showed the fighter's record as they were introduced. The one track scene with 2 rounds in the Rosado fight was great stuff.

Stallone may win an Oscar for this. He was excellent. Jordan was great, even the girl in the movie had an interesting story. Creed 2 will definitely happen.

And as for Southpaw, it could have been good if not for 2 things. The trailer showed us everything in the movie. Why the **** would you show his wife being killed and him losing his daughter in the trailer? Never seen a movie so easy to predict.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  It crossed the $100M mark in the US on a $35M budget. Expect Creed II in a couple years with a Conlan rematch after he gets released early for good behavior.
                  According to Stallone, they might go with a Russian storyline again, perhaps Sergey Kovalev will get the role in it? Maybe they are going to say that he is Drago's nephew or something. If they go that route it will be interesting to see if Adonis demands PED testing since Drago was on the juice lol. Also, supposedly they are going to have flashbacks in the movie that will bring Carl Weathers back to do scenes with Sly in CGI, I guess like they did with Paul Walker in the last Fast & Furious.

http://www.slashfilm.com/creed-sequel/
                  Last edited by La_Vibora; 01-08-2016, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Creed was fantastic. This was so much better than it had any right to be.

Really the 7th Rocky movie with a familiar (downright copied) story and it was actally very good?

Boxing scenes in a movie will always look kind of staged. I would say Southpaw may have had more realistic scenes, but overall Creed had better additions. Loved the way they showed the fighter's record as they were introduced. The one track scene with 2 rounds in the Rosado fight was great stuff.

Stallone may win an Oscar for this. He was excellent. Jordan was great, even the girl in the movie had an interesting story. Creed 2 will definitely happen.

And as for Southpaw, it could have been good if not for 2 things. The trailer showed us everything in the movie. Why the **** would you show his wife being killed and him losing his daughter in the trailer? Never seen a movie so easy to predict.
                    I strongly disagree. Southpaw was more brutal with senseless violence but the boxing scenes were far better in Creed. Due mainly to real professional athletes and world class boxers instead of actors fighting actors. For example the guy who Jake's character is fighting at the end was TERRIBLE and hard for me to take serious any of his boxing scenes because he's just an acter on the TV show The Strain and was a rapper before that. Can't take him serious as a boxer. Where as all the boxers Creed faces are all real fighters and it shows in the ring. I saw both movies months before they were released at Early Screenings. So I was able to see the movies fresh before critics and fanfare. I was more excited going in to see Southpaw and had little expectations for Creed thinking it would be a terrible spinoff/sequel. I left the theater for Southpaw not upset but disappointed. It wasn't a terrible movie it was just OK. I left the theater amazed by Creed and couldn't wait to see it again. Creed did something that is very difficult to do it created a entirely new fresh fanbase but also pleased die hard Rocky fans. And more importantly pleased the boxing community. Many boxers and promoters were not pleased by Southpaw because how negative it portrayed the sport at best they were lukewarm to it. Yet I have seen nothing but praise from both boxers and promoters about Creed. The mit work is the best I've ever seen on film. Why? Because they got real life trainers and cutman to appear in the movie for Creed's corner. The HBO 24/7 looked real because you had 2 real boxers just playing themselves even got Liev Schreiber to do the voice over.

Also Creed gave away the entire plot in their trailer as well. Creed going to philly to train with Rocky, Creed getting a title shot, ect. There were no surprises in Creed and it was very easy to predict as well. The difference is the story and characters were better developed. You felt a connection to the people in Creed and nobody cares if you know what's going to happen because you enjoy the journey even though you already know the destination. When you have a weak story and no connection to the characters then things like it being to easy predict become a concern in movies like Southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      I enjoyed the first half of the film. The second half went into the usual Rocky style cheese, but it's a Rocky film so you get what you expect.
                      Same here. First half was brilliant, second half kinda meh. Jordan was excellent and Rosado, Ward, and Bellew were all pretty good. Fighting scenes were a bit over the top at times, but still the best I've seen in a boxing movie. Unlike Stallone, Jordan actually moved like a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X