No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Details Canelo vs. Golovkin Resolution, Terms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    No surprise, we all knew there'd be an interim fight and the possible showdown in September. It's the interim fights I'm most interested in hearing about right now. I'd like to see Canelo at 160 vs the winner of Lee/Saunders and Golovkin to take out Jacobs (and Johnson just to get him out of the way).

... as if Haymon didn't exist, right?

Comment

All sounds pretty reasonable and it's about what you'd expect to hear- but it's all about the follow through.

Fingers crossed for another big year in 2016

Comment

No surprise, we all knew there'd be an interim fight and the possible showdown in September. It's the interim fights I'm most interested in hearing about right now. I'd like to see Canelo at 160 vs the winner of Lee/Saunders and Golovkin to take out Jacobs (and Johnson just to get him out of the way).

Assuming only 1 fight allowed in between, I think we can pretty much rule out Jacobs. I would prefer the Lee-Saunders winner over Johnson, but we wont know till the weekend who wins.

IBF rules do allow for a unification to trump a mando (Johnson). What I wonder is if the IBF would allow the Johnson mando to be delayed for 2 unifications (Lee-Saunders winner, and then Canelo). That would be the best scenario for GGG. Fight the Lee-Saunders winner, fight Canelo, and then either do the Johnson mando, fight Jacobs, or maybe move up at that point, having unified the titles.

Comment

"so as to maximize the interest on their highly anticipated showdown"

Why is the WBC in the promotion side of all this, it read just like a press release from promoters

Comment

Double header would be redonk, but that's a pipe dream. I have a feeling we will get GGG-Johnson as he is the mando but I'd obviously prefer Jacobs. Actually if the Canelo fight is in September they could probably get both fights in if they can figure a way around the network issues.

Canelo vs Lee or Saunders would be a good way to gauge Canelo at a higher weight than 155. Even the loser of the fight might not be a bad way to step up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              "so as to maximize the interest on their highly anticipated showdown"

Why is the WBC in the promotion side of all this, it read just like a press release from promoters

It's insane, they should keep their dirty fingers out of it.

I see the casuals didn't notice anything irregular.

For decades, the dirty WBC have been facilitating things, when it suited THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                It's insane, they should keep their dirty fingers out of it.

I see the casuals didn't notice anything irregular.

For decades, the dirty WBC have been facilitating things, when it suited THEM.
                what a shock that YOU show up in a ggg thread lol

Comment

see this is what I would love to see, Jacobs or Lee/Saunders.....IBF mando a small step aside and hopefully we see a unified champion by September.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    LOL @ people making this out to be more than it is. Deal?? What deal? It was a deal to do nothing. Nothing changed one way or another. All this means is we will be doing this same exact thing in a few months. And some of you will still be acting like some progress is being made. I dont even understand it.

Lol basically....

Comment

The last think GGG and his team want is a purse bid. No one is going to dictate terms to Canelo, much less GGG. Golden Boy will offer him a generous deal for the payday he has been pining for in exchange for a weight that is good for Canelo. If GGG doesn't like it he can force a purse bid, Canelo can drop the belt, and GGG can pick it up for a fraction of what he would make against Canelo.
                      He wants the WBC strap no doubt, but he mainly wants the payday that comes with a Canelo fight. Without that he is a guy entering his mid thirties with no big fights on the horizon. They will both a take a stay busy fight and GGG will accept the offer he gets or no fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X