• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjbjst View Post
    Wlad is gonna be out classed
    We can only cross our fingers and hope

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist_X View Post
      this dick wagging on whos fought who is funny and boring, it doesnt mean ****, if a man is ready for a test hes ready, tyson is a threat, on boxing ability he can only really fine tune what he has, like wlad did after his loses, wlad is a guy whos nearly 40, fury turned 27 not long ago. just saying you cannot compare them on records.

for example, if hughie fury keeps winning and gains ranking, that will just gain haters on here, in 2-3 years (or maybe less) you probably have ******s on this forum saying "who has hughie fury fought" and the kid will be 23-24.

both tyson and hughie are extremely talented for their age, tyson is a threat for people in the division, its the same with hughie, what 30+ year old man wants to get beaten by a undefeated 21 year old and who wants to get beaten by a undefeated 27 year old 6,9 **** talking gyspy.

its a huge risk, unless people are getting forced to fight due to rankings and titles its hard to get people to fight them, they price themselves out or avoid on purpose, most fighters want padded records and development time, at tysons age hes had decent names, compared to lets say... wilder LOL!

the furys also cannot offer people stupid money period, no promoter will overpay someone, the names they have fought have been fairly decent considering. no HW in the world can match wlads record, so on that point its ridiculous talking about.

to be honest in my opinion, in this age of the HW division to beat everyone, you dont need a record or a rein as long as wlads, you just need to beat a few people, povetkin, wilder, wlad, fury and maybe AJ as well when he has a bit longer, then you are the best because truthfully who else is legit? fury has also admitted he wont be in the game for a long time and is pushing for big fights, so hopefully i hope to see fights between these guys. wilder also isnt staying around for long.
      If one were to distill your post one might well come up with this simple statement: the heavyweight division is weak, therefore most fighters in the division have fought weak competition.

Tyson Fury has beat decent comp considering...Chisora is a great litmis test given that Fury did well against him...Cunningham is also no slouch, what the Elroys here fail to realize is that Cunningham is a dangerous puncher no matter what division he fights in. Fury took a great punch.

By point of comparison: Vlad back when a good puncher caught him, folded up (Sanders). Cunningham is probably as good a puncher as Sanders was. Fury has also beat experienced guys like the Kingpin. When he beat Johnson he had just previosly beat a cabbie (mcdermott) if memory is correct...so he made the jump. From a guy like Johnson who has experience to a guy like cunningham who can punch, to chisora a guy who is solid...Fury has not fought bad competition at all considering how weak the division is these days.

yes Vlad has beat Povatkin...whoppie doo Povatkin would be toast against a decent heavyweight champion. Vlad had to beat him against the rules. So Fury is ready!

ps I know my chronology is off regarding chisora and cunningham but the point still stands...this young Gypsy has fought comp good enough to fight Klinchko.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        If one were to distill your post one might well come up with this simple statement: the heavyweight division is weak, therefore most fighters in the division have fought weak competition.

Tyson Fury has beat decent comp considering...Chisora is a great litmis test given that Fury did well against him...Cunningham is also no slouch, what the Elroys here fail to realize is that Cunningham is a dangerous puncher no matter what division he fights in. Fury took a great punch.

By point of comparison: Vlad back when a good puncher caught him, folded up (Sanders). Cunningham is probably as good a puncher as Sanders was. Fury has also beat experienced guys like the Kingpin. When he beat Johnson he had just previosly beat a cabbie (mcdermott) if memory is correct...so he made the jump. From a guy like Johnson who has experience to a guy like cunningham who can punch, to chisora a guy who is solid...Fury has not fought bad competition at all considering how weak the division is these days.

yes Vlad has beat Povatkin...whoppie doo Povatkin would be toast against a decent heavyweight champion. Vlad had to beat him against the rules. So Fury is ready!

ps I know my chronology is off regarding chisora and cunningham but the point still stands...this young Gypsy has fought comp good enough to fight Klinchko.
        name one guy Cunningham has knocked out - no wait name one guy who is decent that cunningham has dropped (apart from mr fury)

i like cunningham but he was never a puncher at cruiser and it's not a puncher at heavy lets pretend that he is what he is

Comment

Cunningham is probably as good a puncher as Sanders was.
          This certainly isn't true. Sanders had a huge left hand. And he didn't knock Vladimir out cold. People underrate Vlad's chin, he has taken some good punches during his career, and came on to win such fights.

Fury isn't a huge puncher for his massive size.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            This certainly isn't true. Sanders had a huge left hand. And he didn't knock Vladimir out cold. People underrate Vlad's chin, he has taken some good punches during his career, and came on to win such fights.

Fury isn't a huge puncher for his massive size.
            You've got to multi quote this stuff as you know it gonna disappear after November, make sure to get it all down. I swear this is gonna be the most epic place on earth after the fight. I'm excited to know who they all move onto next, Joshus ? Hughie Fury ? Heck with this crew you wouldn't even rule out Price and Chisors coming around again, after they've beaten fringe European level EU belt holders they'll no doubt rear their ugly heads again.

Fury is bringing a feather duster to a shoot out, only Wlad has an RPG, and a laser designated tomahawk missile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
              You've got to multi quote this stuff as you know it gonna disappear after November, make sure to get it all down. I swear this is gonna be the most epic place on earth after the fight. I'm excited to know who they all move onto next, Joshus ? Hughie Fury ? Heck with this crew you wouldn't even rule out Price and Chisors coming around again, after they've beaten fringe European level EU belt holders they'll no doubt rear their ugly heads again.

Fury is bringing a feather duster to a shoot out, only Wlad has an RPG, and a laser designated tomahawk missile.
              Fanboys can be funny, but at least they are nowhere near the level of pactards, much less flomos.

I've been pulling for Fury, but I recognize he is a huge underdog.

I do think he has a shot, but Wlad. is a tall mountain to climb.

And Cunningham is nowhere near the puncher of Sanders, not even anywhere close.

The shot he caught Fury with was a homerun shot though. It was a huge overhand right straight over the top, and Fury took it right on the chin, so it wasn't shocking that he'd go down from that.

Comment

• Id HBO picking up this fight btw? I haven't heard if it will be on PPV in the US, but it should be. Not that I want to pay for it, but it would be good for exposure for the future cash cow fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                  Fanboys can be funny, but at least they are nowhere near the level of pactards, much less flomos.

I've been pulling for Fury, but I recognize he is a huge underdog.

I do think he has a shot, but Wlad. is a tall mountain to climb.

And Cunningham is nowhere near the puncher of Sanders, not even anywhere close.

The shot he caught Fury with was a homerun shot though. It was a huge overhand right straight over the top, and Fury took it right on the chin, so it wasn't shocking that he'd go down from that.
                  boxing to me is about underdogs, exciting fighters and fights, why would you fanboy the favourite on paper? its pathetic, its like being a mayweather fanboy.

this is another boring point that is constantly bought up, fury didnt struggle to get back up, had no gameplan as his trainer/uncle was denied a visa, got up and knocked him out. wont deny it made him look bad to a US audience

but alot of US debuts have gone badly, recently frampton and selby, yet they are good fighters and champions, if anything though for fury at the time it was a great learning experience and made him step up his discipline, when mayweather lost in the olympics that was a BIG learning experience that helped shape him to be undefeated in the pros in my opinion. i mean negatives can actually turn into positives.

also just seen the luis ortiz knock out, for me this guy has come out of nowhere, could be interesting to get thrown into the mix, fury also honestly said he would fight anyone but him, quite honest of him, the guy seems like a big risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist_X View Post
                    boxing to me is about underdogs, exciting fighters and fights, why would you fanboy the favourite on paper? its pathetic, its like being a mayweather fanboy.

this is another boring point that is constantly bought up, fury didnt struggle to get back up, had no gameplan as his trainer/uncle was denied a visa, got up and knocked him out. wont deny it made him look bad to a US audience

but alot of US debuts have gone badly, recently frampton and selby, yet they are good fighters and champions, if anything though for fury at the time it was a great learning experience and made him step up his discipline, when mayweather lost in the olympics that was a BIG learning experience that helped shape him to be undefeated in the pros in my opinion. i mean negatives can actually turn into positives.

also just seen the luis ortiz knock out, for me this guy has come out of nowhere, could be interesting to get thrown into the mix, fury also honestly said he would fight anyone but him, quite honest of him, the guy seems like a big risk.
                    I've always followed Ortiz, but I always follow Cubans.

Comment

• Ortiz has an 84 inch reach, good movement, and sets up his shots well.

He would handle guys like Lucas Browne and Arreola pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X