Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's greater, Miguel Cotto or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
    I have to say I agree with this, it's close though IMO. I pick Vitali to even it out abit I'm a little surprised Cotto is winning so clearly here considering all the hate he gets? :O
    I voted Vitali as well I think he is underrated as a HW I think he could beat any HW and at ANYTIME in their career. His power and technique are top notch especially for a big man, he is not the best HW ever but I think he could any one of them on any given night. I voted for Vitali because of this but Cotto is my favorite fighter of all time, and I think he had so much potential but Margarito ****ed it up. Cotto had a great showing against Floyd, but his most known for his losses, possibly Vitali too but those were different. One was the **** stoppage against Lewis (who never gave him a rematch) and the other he hurt his shoulder I think it was. Anyway, as I stated I love Cotto but because of Margarito he didn't live up to his potential, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      I voted Vitali as well I think he is underrated as a HW I think he could beat any HW and at ANYTIME in their career. His power and technique are top notch especially for a big man, he is not the best HW ever but I think he could any one of them on any given night. I voted for Vitali because of this but Cotto is my favorite fighter of all time, and I think he had so much potential but Margarito ****ed it up. Cotto had a great showing against Floyd, but his most known for his losses, possibly Vitali too but those were different. One was the **** stoppage against Lewis (who never gave him a rematch) and the other he hurt his shoulder I think it was. Anyway, as I stated I love Cotto but because of Margarito he didn't live up to his potential, sadly.
      There isn't a win on Vitali's record which is better than Cotto's win over Mosley. This is the same Mosley who lost to the bigger Winky Wright in a very close rematch. Didn't 1 of the judges have that fight a draw. Then he comes back to beat Vargas twice, then Collazo, then his fight with Cotto. That was a pretty good Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by freethinkersam View Post
        There isn't a win on Vitali's record which is better than Cotto's win over Mosley. This is the same Mosley who lost to the bigger Winky Wright in a very close rematch. Didn't 1 of the judges have that fight a draw. Then he comes back to beat Vargas twice, then Collazo, then his fight with Cotto. That was a pretty good Mosley.
        Totally agree here. Great post.

Comment

DID you know Cotto-Clottey was initially a UNIFICATION fight? Clottey had to vacate though to get Cotto. So Cotto scraped that win and technically was unified champ. It's not his fault he couldn't become number 1 when Mayweather was on vacation and retiring every other month.

Comment

DID you know Cotto-Clottey was initially a UNIFICATION fight? Clottey had to vacate though to get Cotto. So Cotto scraped that win and technically was unified champ. It's not his fault he couldn't become number 1 when Mayweather was on vacation and retiring every other month.
            Saying Vitali is greater because he was the best of a weak division just doesn't make sense to me. It is an accomplishment Cotto doesn't have, but beating Mosley is better than anything Vitali has ever done and I honestly don't think it's close.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Saying Vitali is greater because he was the best of a weak division just doesn't make sense to me. It is an accomplishment Cotto doesn't have, but beating Mosley is better than anything Vitali has ever done and I honestly don't think it's close.
              But saying Cotto is better because he's constantly top 5 of a strong class doesn't make sense either. The truth is, it's impossible to compare both fighters. It's not Vitali's fault his division is the weakest in boxing. And it's not Miguel's fault that he's landed in the top weight classes and lost some fights (some handedly).

Comment

Originally posted by Miniwheels14 View Post
                But saying Cotto is better because he's constantly top 5 of a strong class doesn't make sense either. The truth is, it's impossible to compare both fighters. It's not Vitali's fault his division is the weakest in boxing. And it's not Miguel's fault that he's landed in the top weight classes and lost some fights (some handedly).
                But you can compare wins and how they looked in defeat though right? Just because they were on different weight classes, doesn't mean they can't be compared, when everything is taken into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  But you can compare wins and how they looked in defeat though right? Just because they were on different weight classes, doesn't mean they can't be compared, when everything is taken into perspective.
                  Do you really want to go with, "how they looked in defeat"? Because Miguel has looked pretty bad in some of his losses, aka Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Miniwheels14 View Post
                    Do you really want to go with, "how they looked in defeat"? Because Miguel has looked pretty bad in some of his losses, aka Pacquiao
                    I can't act like those didn't happen. He's lost badly before, it's part of the game. He looked pretty damn good in defeat to Mayweather, just like Klitschko did against Lewis. Klitschko's wins are not level with Cotto's, they just aren't. All together, to me and it seems like the majority who have voted, Cotto is a greater fighter than Vitali Klitschko.

Comment

I'm not discrediting Cotto's wins by any means and I could have easily gone with Cotto. He's one of the best of his generation, I just think Vitali is one of the best of his division, ever. People were hating on Mayweather when he was fighting "bums" but in truth a lot of them were the best there was and he showed how much better he was than any of them. Vitali is no different he would have won the Lewis fight, that would have been his defining win with YEARS AND YEARS of utter dominance after. I think he would KO his little brother and that's the only guy he won't fight. Granted I'm sure both bros are juiced more than Marquez but steroids don't make you a better technical fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X