No announcement yet.

The Erik Morales vs. Juan Manuel Marquez Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Erik Morales vs. Juan Manuel Marquez Debate

It's been a long time since this once repetitive topic has been discussed. Basically, this is a 3 part question:

1. Who is the more complete well rounded fighter and why?

2. Who has the better resume and accomplishments and why?

3. Who would have won the head to head match-up at or near their primes and why?

I'll think about it and give my thoughts later.
    Marquez is the more complete well rounded fighter
    14.43%
    Morales is the more complete well rounded fighter
    17.53%
    Marquez has the better resume
    9.28%
    Morales has the better resume
    19.59%
    Marquez wins H2H
    6.19%
    Morales wins H2H
    20.62%
    Can't Decide. It's like picking between children.
    12.37%

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    It's been a long time since this once repetitive topic has been discussed. Basically, this is a 3 part question:

3. Who would have won the head to head match-up at or near their primes and why?

1. JMM. His defense and counter punching gives him the edge as a complete fighter.

2. Manny, Casamayor, Medina, Diaz x2, Katsidis, Peden, Agapito, Smoke Gainer vs Manny, Kelly, Jr. Jones, Barrera, Espadas, Chi, Chavez, Hernandez, R. Jones..

I'd honestly say it's a push. Morales had the clear edge in the lower weights but jmm's longevity came back during in the higher weights he fought at. Casamayor is probably the seeing best win after Manny got either fighter.

3. I always thought jmm would win a fight between the two. He can stand and trade but that extra edge he has with his boxing ability would be the difference, imo. No one gets ktfo. This would've been a 12-round classic if it were to ever happen.

Comment

Erik SHOULD be able to win most of the time, but he'd go rambo and Juan wins 2 out of 3 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

oooooooooo....**** just got real....these two for me are the top 10 mexican fighters of all time.

i have to think on this one

Comment

Marquez more complete fighter but its close . El terrible had some great skills but dinamita was more gifted and higher Ring IQ

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            oooooooooo....**** just got real....these two for me are the top 10 mexican fighters of all time.

i have to think on this one
            These two were great, but The Baby-Faced Assassin bested them both. Jay Nady robbed Barrera against Marquez by not calling the KD. Only Pacquiao ever clearly owned Marco.

Comment

Neither barrera or morales was in any hurry to fight marquez at fw.

Comment

1. Undecided
                2.JMM slightly because he had more longevity.
                3. Morales- Put a jab with good reach in front of of JMM and he is lost. That plus Morales faints and right hand should assure Morales a UD. That and JMM fame of always hitting the canvas in a meaningful fight.

Comment

morasles had more stripes on his belt,he was a true OG

Comment

Marquez beat 2/3rd of the MAB/EM/Pac crew, but so did Morales (MAB/JMM/Pac crew). It would be an interesting 50/50 fight in their prime.

Comment

Working...
                    X