No announcement yet.

Margarito and the hand wrap scandal...did he use illegal hands wraps vs Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
    I don't deny that Margs needs to pay for what he did in the Mosley fight. I just don't think he did it with Cotto or anyone prior to that. People seem to forget the shots Margs was taking in that fight with Cotto. If heart didn't win him that fight, then I don't know what else did.
    It is true marg had a tough bard in the Cotto fight we aren't disputing the fact he took some serious shots. People have said that it is possible that he used the illegal wraps for that fight. Taking a punch would have nothing to do with illegal hand wraps. Yes Tony should get credit for taking thos epunches but could he have dished out the punishment he did if he had legal wraps on? That is the question and will always be the question no matter what anyone says or does...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
      I don't deny that Margs needs to pay for what he did in the Mosley fight. I just don't think he did it with Cotto or anyone prior to that. People seem to forget the shots Margs was taking in that fight with Cotto. If heart didn't win him that fight, then I don't know what else did.
      I know and so do you, it's called plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Plaster or not is not super-relevant. Illegal substances was found. That seals it.
        Without having to name drop. I have a close friend in the Margarito camp. I've visited Marg's camp many-a-times. This is what I was told in regards to the wraps. Capetillo, Marg's trainer, likes to re-use gauze when he wraps Marg's hands. He also uses a gauze from Mexico that has some wax made within it. It has a tendency to dis-color from white to grey over time. It can aslo harden a bit, but not so much where an advantage can be had. It's just a bit-hardened wax. I don't think that can really be percieved as a advantage for Marg? Possibly, but I just don't think it was "plaster like" at all.

Comment

Originally posted by golpealhigado View Post
          Without having to name drop. I have a close friend in the Margarito camp. I've visited Marg's camp many-a-times. This is what I was told in regards to the wraps. Capetillo, Marg's trainer, likes to re-use gauze when he wraps Marg's hands. He also uses a gauze from Mexico that has some wax made within it. It has a tendency to dis-color from white to grey over time. It can aslo harden a bit, but not so much where an advantage can be had. It's just a bit-hardened wax. I don't think that can really be percieved as a advantage for Marg? Possibly, but I just don't think it was "plaster like" at all.
          Exactly you have no proof...This is just speculation like everyone else is doing speculating with out proof if he used the wraps or not against Cotto....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by golpealhigado View Post
            shut up bro u dont know ****. another thing i was plaster of paris not was found 2 completly different substances. your just a die hard fan dat is in denail. let's take a look at things. marg throws a lot of looping punches which takes alot of the steam of your punches but yet he was knocking guys out. kinda strange.he's been fighting with loaded gloves for a while ask. check this link out.

http://www.btbc.proboards.com/index....lay&thread=657

Comment

Originally posted by luckylefty731 View Post
              Exactly you have no proof...This is just speculation like everyone else is doing speculating with out proof if he used the wraps or not against Cotto....Lefty
              I just gave you more evidence then The California boxing commision did in a whole month. So don't be giving me this **** that i have no proof you don't either.

Comment

Originally posted by rayzah View Post
                shut up bro u dont know ****. another thing i was plaster of paris not was found 2 completly different substances. your just a die hard fan dat is in denail. let's take a look at things. marg throws a lot of looping punches which takes alot of the steam of your punches but yet he was knocking guys out. kinda strange.he's been fighting with loaded gloves for a while ask. check this link out.

http://www.btbc.proboards.com/index....lay&thread=657
                I'm a fan of boxing but i'm not going to turn my back on Marg when nobody knows what the fack was in his wraps...

Comment

Here's how I see it. If the picture before was posted is true ( Come on people anybody could've constructed the picture and posted it on the net) Then there is a definite stain which in turn looks like blood. Now I seem to forget, the Commission is analyzing all of this stuff right???? So correct me if I am wrong anybody, hasn't forensic evidence advanced drastically over the years????? You know if there's in fact a blood stain on the wrap, that the commission is going to atleast try to tie it to Cotto or even a past fighter that Margarito fought. Now if they can tie Cotto to that blood stain. Then, nobody can say anything. Until then. Like I stated in my past messages. Bitches talk the talk, Men walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by luckylefty731 View Post
                    I love boxing and for the better of the sport we need to just move on

That would be the option for you to pick sir....Lefty

Thanx homey. i didn't catch that at 1st. sandwiched between a bunch of options. My vote is in. **** it, we should just forget about the ****...Mangler

Comment

Originally posted by aztecadq View Post
                      Here's how I see it. If the picture before was posted is true ( Come on people anybody could've constructed the picture and posted it on the net) Then there is a definite stain which in turn looks like blood. Now I seem to forget, the Commission is analyzing all of this stuff right???? So correct me if I am wrong anybody, hasn't forensic evidence advanced drastically over the years????? You know if there's in fact a blood stain on the wrap, that the commission is going to atleast try to tie it to Cotto or even a past fighter that Margarito fought. Now if they can tie Cotto to that blood stain. Then, nobody can say anything. Until then. Like I stated in my past messages. Bitches talk the talk, Men walk the walk.
                      Nah man. I'm not one of those people that condemn Marg, but legally they can't tie that to Cotto. The NSAC would have to get involved, and it's way too easy for them to just turn the other cheek and absolve themselves of any blame. You really think they would risk the credibility of their commission to investigate something that happened so long ago after they already said they saw nothing wrong?

It's gonna be something that we'll never know, and it's just gotta be left to that.

Comment

Working...
                      X