No announcement yet.

This is why Crawford vs. Postol is PPV and not HBO Championship Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Hbo at this point, is only into boxing if they can have huge PPv fights..

Back in the day, they spent tons of cash for regular hbo fights, but we're rewarded by having guys like tito, barrera, morales, manny, hopkins, shane, cotto, vargas, Oscar, roy all being able to headline PPV fights... Now it's only canelo, and maybe GGG and the ward/kovolev winner that has any chance of being a PPv draw..

Sorry but guys like crawford, verdejo, etc are never gonna be PPv stars and hbo isn't going to spend a lot of money on them
    I wouldn't say never; 10 years ago would you think Floyd & Manny would be the two biggest PPV draws ever.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      I wouldn't say never; 10 years ago would you think Floyd & Manny would be the two biggest PPV draws ever.
      Yeah Verdejo has much more of a built in audience than Manny. No one saw that coming.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        Then they should only do PPV and drop the prices in half. Problem solved. I'd come out of pocket $20 six times a year. I'm not dropping $69.99 on two no named up and comers (Postol and Crawford.)

But hey, that's just me...

Good idea

Have 6 PPVs at 20- 40 each with 2-3 good fights or names on it and 12 regular shows a year once a month

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Yeah HBO is pissing money away on bs fights like all of wards tune ups
          All of GGG mismatches
          Pretty sad
          One of the few upsides to the GGG - Brook fiasco is that it shouldn't cut too deep into the HBO budget, I don't know the financials for Kovalev - Chilemba but I think that was largely Russian funded too (Igor Altushkin) with HBO mainly just picking up a re-broadcast tab... I can see these kind of international collaborations becoming more common as HBO continues to struggle with budgetary constraints. And plenty more PPV in the US of course - you guys might wanna start thinking about online subscriptions to BoxNation...

Comment

Its a shame because this fight deserves more exposure on HBO but at least they'll get paid!

Comment

sadly, ill probably buy it... Thats pretty sad for a fight that should have been on regular HBO but I just hate to watch streams

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                The real question is how much is Crawford really worth in this fight?

Would you say this fight is bigger than the Thurman vs Porter fight?

Thurman got $1.4 mil, Porter got $1 mil.

Let's see your answers.
                His worth is what someone is willing to pay him.

Comment

I'd feel better about getting this if the opponent for Crawford wasnt a BORING RUNNING coward. Postol has that weak Rocky Martinez style. If it was against an exciting fighter, Id be gucci. But against a lil bish, nah.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    I'd feel better about getting this if the opponent for Crawford wasnt a BORING RUNNING coward. Postol has that weak Rocky Martinez style. If it was against an exciting fighter, Id be gucci. But against a lil bish, nah.
                    The Matthysse vs. Postol fight wasn't exciting?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      His worth is what someone is willing to pay him.
                      Ok.

Let's assume HBO is willing to pay Crawford $1.5 million (that is $100,000 more than what Thurman got in the Porter fight) for a non-PPV Postol fight. Would you say it's fair?

Which fight do you think is bigger Thurman vs Porter or Crawford vs Postol?

Comment

Working...
                      X