No announcement yet.

The Best December Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Well, put it this way, i've seen Joshua in the amateurs and he's been out on his feet a few times with head gear. I'm not going to say he can't take a punch but the same signs that were there for Price in the amateurs about how he took a shot when he gets in the pro game are the same for Joshua and as you know,you can't really train your chin. People are not really talking about the vulnerabilities though because Sky and Hearn are desperate for a nice smiling PPV star to build because they don't have anyone that fits the bill as well as Joshua. They're hyping him as this unbeatable wrecking machine to the casual fan and they're eating it up.

Fury is far better but he would have never got the push and hype Joshua does because he's a liability in terms of bringing bad press with things he can come out with. Not to mention he comes from a very maligned community, especially in the eyes of much of the UK population. Sky don't want that. They even pushed Price over Fury and tried to make Price the star before he was exposed and then Joshua was their next man to push. That's why i'm glad Fury has done what he's done, he wasn't handed anything or done any favours along the way.

I won't write him off but i'll put it this way: from what i've seen, the signs are not good in regards to him taking a shot. Unless he's miraculously developed good chin in the last couple of years.

I'm happy to be proven wrong because i want to see a good competitive heavyweight division with big fights. I just have a feeling he's going to be found out at some point.
    I'll have to go watch some of his amateur fights I guess. I've been slipping on keeping up with amateurs the last several Olympics, trying to do more of that lately.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Lee Vs Saunders the most. Then Joshua Vs Whyte
      Also interested in seeing how Ortiz Vs Jennings / Teper Vs Helenius turn out.

Another decent month of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I'll have to go watch some of his amateur fights I guess. I've been slipping on keeping up with amateurs the last several Olympics, trying to do more of that lately.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X