Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen Hawking just solved a huge black hole mystery!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... with this common sense "water sink" model for a black hole there's no need for additional metaphysics regarding the "information's fate" -- it passess into that another (region of) universe...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Well, yes you are correct. I can argue that is the same thing, but I think we might get into semantics there.

Either way, we evaluate the evidence, and then go where the evidence points to. Remember, for something to become a "theory" in science, it's been peered reviewed, scrutinized heavily, tested (when you can) and published.

So it's not like some lone scientists can say he/she have created the theory of x, and voila!
      True, that's an important distinction to be made. Is this new 'theory' a theory, or a hypothesis. Thought I read that he just revealed it, and if that's the case, then it certainly hasn't been out long enough to be reviewed, tested, scrutinized, etc.

Comment

cosmos are far more interesting than allah and jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
          OK? Good for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            He says it like the cosmos is a race or something lol

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              He says it like the cosmos is a race or something lol
              Inb4 god is the cosmos

Comment

Even with decades upon decades of research, this is still a pretty complex theory. Due to the fact that we have never seen a black hole. We have evidence that they exist, and even where they may be located, but we have never actually seen one. So these are pretty weird theories.

Comment

how the **** does he know it warps you to World 8-4 and **** what are the ingredients that make up the blackhole that can supposively beam your ass to another universe..how in the blue hell does know this..
                  Last edited by iLovesoccermoms; 08-26-2015, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I love me some Hawkins (coz he is the guy in Predator that gets his guts ripped out), but i havent read any of the articles about his new theory, because i know for a fact i wouldnt understand a damn thing he says.

Comment

what i do understand about this is that what these braniacs call "firewall information paradox" forces them to abandon one of the two pillars of modern physics in favor of the other...

its basically a dogfight between general relativity and quantum mechanics in the arena of a black hole...

a podcast about this with a physicist named david aguirre from UC santa cruz is quite informative and is available at the 7th avenue project hosted by robert pollie...
                      Last edited by talip bin osman; 08-27-2015, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X