Hatton was unfit when he fought Lazcano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton was unfit when he fought Lazcano

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7655759.stm

He said he could only go 6 rounds on Graham's bodybag and had to send the sparring partners home early.

I'm sceptical about his new relationship with trainer Floyd Sr. but one thing he's done is got him out running so he'll at least be in peak fitness for Malinaggi if nothing else.

Mayweather Sr also says Hatton's a more skilful fighter than he thought.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7655417.stm

Hatton got totally bad press after that fight.
    However, watching it over and over....if it was any other fighter in that ring and not Lazcano they would have been knocked the **** out by Hatton by round 10.

Seriously, Lazcano was like the terminator in that fight, he's got a chin of iron.

Comment

Yeah if there is one thing floyd snr is good at it is getting his fighters in shape. He will work Ricky very hard. This is a big fight for Hatton, if he looks poor again I think it is pretty much it for him as far as any big fights are concerned. He needs an impressive win in this one.

Comment

Lazcano came to fight and took Hatton's best shots. He made Ricky look bad in front of his crowd since it was supposed to be an easy fight for him. That's gotta bother Hatton's confidence for Paulie no matter what he says about his conditioning or his new trainer.

Comment

Collazo - I went up in weight too fast
          Urango - I had the flu
          Mayweather - The ref was biased
          Lazcano - I was unfit

Anyone noticing a trend here? I've said this before and I'll say it again, how can anyone really support Ricky Hatton?

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
            Urango - I had the flu
            Lazcano - I was unfit

Anyone noticing a trend here? I've said this before and I'll say it again, how can anyone really support Ricky Hatton?
            LMAO

He got KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by mojack View Post
              However, watching it over and over....if it was any other fighter in that ring and not Lazcano they would have been knocked the **** out by Hatton by round 10.

Seriously, Lazcano was like the terminator in that fight, he's got a chin of iron.
              Hatton kicked his arse. Lazcano was going out on his shield and then he landed that hook and it's all people mention. The fact of the matter was Hatton looked pretty good and hit him with every shot in the book 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
                Urango - I had the flu
                Lazcano - I was unfit

Yeah the excuses are just too lame sometimes, Just get on with it and stop looking for excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
                  Yeah the excuses are just too lame sometimes, Just get on with it and stop looking for excuses.
                  The worst one is refusing to fight Witter because he doesnt like him. That put me right off. I don't even like Witter he's pretty dour, but he could have secured his life with a fight with Hatton and he done enough to deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by mojack View Post

Hojack- excuse making *****.

Comment

Working...
                    X