Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who were more credible challengers at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tito was still a strong MW...look at what he did to William Joppy. He K.O'd Joppy something Bernard couldn't do and Bernard gave it his all to do so. Tua don't be a hypocrite now you've stated before if Tito didn't do so and so he would have won and I remember the excuse having NOTHING to do with Tito being a WW.

Fact is Bernard should be respected for the win...he was a huge underdog. As for DLH only an idiot wouldn't take that offer. **** if I was Calderon and DLH called me out, to fight him at 160. I'd eat my ass off and hit it over there. So basically, what I'm saying is DLH was a money fight and Tito was a credible win. Bernard isn't to blame when there weren't many good MWs and LHWs...his name became huge after beating Tito and he was 36 at the time. It was already too late and when the names came, Taylor, Calzaghe, Winky, Tarver and now Pavlik he was already too old. Hopkins should get respect becuz he stoped Johnson, schooled Tarver, Eliminated Winky's Jab and made Tito style look so uneffective. You should respect him for that and not for the FACT that we don't have a FAB 4 in this era. We don't have Hearns, SRL, Hagler and Duran...we only have Floyd Mayweather

Yo Tua I know you don't like Bernard Hopkins but you still my peoples
    Last edited by El Dominicano; 08-11-2008, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
      Tito was still a strong MW...look at what he did to William Joppy. He K.O'd Joppy something Bernard couldn't do and Bernard gave it his all to do so. Tua don't be a hypocrite now you've stated before if Tito didn't do so and so he would have won and I remember the excuse having NOTHING to do with Tito being a WW.

Fact is Bernard should be respected for the win...he was a huge underdog. As for DLH only an idiot wouldn't take that offer. **** if I was Calderon and DLH called me out, to fight him at 160. I'd eat my ass off and hit it over there. So basically, what I'm saying is DLH was a money fight and Tito was a credible win. Bernard isn't to blame when there weren't many good MWs and LHWs...his name became huge after beating Tito and he was 36 at the time. It was already too late and when the names came, Taylor, Calzaghe, Winky, Tarver and now Pavlik he was already too old. Hopkins should get respect becuz he stoped Johnson, schooled Tarver, Eliminated Winky's Jab and made Tito style look so uneffective. You should respect him for that and not for the FACT that we don't have a FAB 4 in this era. We don't have Hearns, SRL, Hagler and Duran...we only have Floyd Mayweather

Yo Tua I know you don't like Bernard Hopkins but you still my peoples
      tito had middleweight power but you know he's not built like a middleweight. tito would never beat bernard. bernard is longer and bigger. tito has problems with guys with good jabs that don't let him set up. the goal was to make it to 175 to meet up with roy. even if he didn't fight bernard and moved to 168 after getting the wba 160 belt , joe would've done him in much like bernard did.

i hate bernard but aside from joking around i give him his due. to me he's a great fighter NOT an all time great though.

please note i'm not saying that tito and oscar wasn't great wins. i think tito was the best win of his career and oscar was the biggest payday of his career.

my point is 160 wasn't that great during his reign and his best wins were against naturally smaller guys. is that not the truth?

i might hate bernard , GO ROY!!!!!! VIVA TITO!!!!!! , but i never stated anything that wasn't true. aside from maybe calling tarver **** but i hate tarver even more than i hate bernard!

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        tito had middleweight power but you know he's not built like a middleweight. tito would never beat bernard. bernard is longer and bigger. tito has problems with guys with good jabs that don't let him set up. the goal was to make it to 175 to meet up with roy. even if he didn't fight bernard and moved to 168 after getting the wba 160 belt , joe would've done him in much like bernard did.

i hate bernard but aside from joking around i give him his due. to me he's a great fighter NOT an all time great though.

please note i'm not saying that tito and oscar wasn't great wins. i think tito was the best win of his career and oscar was the biggest payday of his career.

my point is 160 wasn't that great during his reign and his best wins were against naturally smaller guys. is that not the truth?

i might hate bernard , GO ROY!!!!!! VIVA TITO!!!!!! , but i never stated anything that wasn't true. aside from maybe calling tarver **** but i hate tarver even more than i hate bernard!

Your right about that but one thing you gotta remember. Bernard NEVER I repeat NEVER used his size against Tito. He didn't bully Tito. It wouldn't have been smart to go toe to toe with Tito. Tito may have not been able to land his hooks against Bernard or RJJ but I think we'd all know what would have happend if he did.

Comment

Your right about that but one thing you gotta remember. Bernard NEVER I repeat NEVER used his size against Tito. He didn't bully Tito. It wouldn't have been smart to go toe to toe with Tito. Tito may have not been able to land his hooks against Bernard or RJJ but I think we'd all know what would have happend if he did.
          there's more to size advantage than bullying , mr. the dominican. size gives you the ability to shoulder or turn a smaller man.

people often misinterpret when i say bernard used his size to meaning he bullied tito.

at 6 foot or so , bernard had a considerable reach advantage.

a great jab doesn't let tito set up. tito's never felt a jab from a natural middleweight before.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            there's more to size advantage than bullying , mr. the dominican. size gives you the ability to shoulder or turn a smaller man.

people often misinterpret when i say bernard used his size to meaning he bullied tito.

at 6 foot or so , bernard had a considerable reach advantage.

a great jab doesn't let tito set up. tito's never felt a jab from a natural middleweight before.
            Your right again but Bernard didn't do any of that. He didn't wrestle him, turn him around or impose his size on Tito. Yes Tito never felt a jab from a nutural MW but then again Tito was the harder puncher. Tito vs Bernard was like a meerkat vs a snake. Bernard being the Meerkat

Comment

No offense man but what you said is factually incorrect. That's a nice way of saying wtf fight were you watching. Bernard used his his size advantage big time and bullied Tito throughout the whole fight. He roughed him up on the inside big time in the clinches and really did a number on Tito. Watch the fight again yo. Bernard pulled every old school, mugging trick in the book to beat up and rough up the smaller man using his size and strength advantage. Definitely his best performance of his career IMO. Think Tito's best weights were 147 and 154.

Comment

Your right again but Bernard didn't do any of that. He didn't wrestle him, turn him around or impose his size on Tito. Yes Tito never felt a jab from a nutural MW but then again Tito was the harder puncher. Tito vs Bernard was like a meerkat vs a snake. Bernard being the Meerkat

Omg. No offense to you as well but I guess you and I watched different fights as well. And I've seen this fight at least a dozen times as well.

Comment

bumped because idiots keep comparing hagler fighting leonard , hearns and duran to hopkins fighting tito , oscar and winky.

get it straight hagler is a smaller middleweight. hopkins started out at light heavyweight.

big difference in size.

plus unlike tito and oscar and winky.

those guys hagler fought won belts at 160 , 168 , 175 and 190 AFTER they fought hagler.

what has tito , winky and oscar accomplished above 160?

Comment

Working...
                  X