Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    Lol.

I ****ing hate Barrera man.

Your first post about Barrera not letting people cross the line is bull****... he was the one who seemed to push people past their line.

I mean, really... how much of an idiot takes swings at people for things they say. He threw the first punch at McKinney, he threw the first punch at Morales, and he acted like a right **** when Morales tried to congratulate him after their first fight.

He inspired me that evil exists in boxing.
    I don't agree on Barrera pushing anybody past their comfort zone.

But I can see what you mean about his bad behavior after the Morales fight, I didn't like that either. Especially the interview he did about Morales not being "that good".

But he fought his ass off, a lot of people thought he won that fight, and he was pissed about the decision. I can't say I blame him. I'd probably be pissed too if I dropped a decision that a ****load of people thought I won.

But if I remember correctly, Morales more than played ball with Marco in that war of bitter words and actions.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      I don't agree on Barrera pushing anybody past their comfort zone.

But I can see what you mean about his bad behavior after the Morales fight, I didn't like that either. Especially the interview he did about Morales not being "that good".

But he fought his ass off, a lot of people thought he won that fight, and he was pissed about the decision. I can't say I blame him. I'd probably be pissed too if I dropped a decision that a ****load of people thought I won.

But if I remember correctly, Morales more than played ball with Marco in that war of bitter words and actions.
      Barrera also chumped the **** out of Mckinny when he came in for the hug after getting knocked out. My favorite quote from morales was when he was asked how he felt about Barrera, and he asked why they wanted to talk about a ****** like Barrera, why not talk about someone great like himself? Yeahh those are 2 of my favorite fighters right there. Barrera shoving Hamed's face into the post after whoopin his ass all night long cracks me up every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
        Barrera also chumped the **** out of Mckinny when he came in for the hug after getting knocked out. My favorite quote from morales was when he was asked how he felt about Barrera, and he asked why they wanted to talk about a ****** like Barrera, why not talk about someone great like himself? Yeahh those are 2 of my favorite fighters right there. Barrera shoving Hamed's face into the post after whoopin his ass all night long cracks me up every time.
        No doubt, both of them are legends and ATGs.

It sucks they hate each other, but it's not all just because Marco calld Erik an "ignorant Indian" and sucker punched him.

After their 2rd fight, Barrera tried to bury the hatchet by finally shaking Morales' hand, and Erik threw a bottle of water at him.

More recently, Barrera has been pretty respectful of Erik in the press, never potshotting him at all. But more recently when asked about Barrera, Erik said something like "Why do I have to talk about him? He's a motherfucker!".

Both guys are seriously stubborn.

And I don't get why they both hate my boy Marquez.

Comment

No doubt, both of them are legends and ATGs.

It sucks they hate each other, but it's not all just because Marco calld Erik an "ignorant Indian" and sucker punched him.

After their 2rd fight, Barrera tried to bury the hatchet by finally shaking Morales' hand, and Erik threw a bottle of water at him.

More recently, Barrera has been pretty respectful of Erik in the press, never potshotting him at all. But more recently when asked about Barrera, Erik said something like "Why do I have to talk about him? He's a motherfucker!".

Both guys are seriously stubborn.

And I don't get why they both hate my boy Marquez.
          I don't get why anybody hates Marquez. He was one of the most skilled boxers I'd seen, then his career goes down the tubes and he reinvents himself as one of the most exciting, yet skilled boxers of our generation. Highly underrated, I personally rank him above both Barrera and Morales.

Comment

I don't get why anybody hates Marquez. He was one of the most skilled boxers I'd seen, then his career goes down the tubes and he reinvents himself as one of the most exciting, yet skilled boxers of our generation. Highly underrated, I personally rank him above both Barrera and Morales.
            Barrera refused to shake his hand during a weigh in, I think it was the Oscar/Forbes weigh in if I'm not mistaken.

He's probably still bitter about the loss and the knockdown that he should've been given, and the point that shouldn't have been taken away.

Erik on the other hand, has no real reason to dislike Marquez. But he does anyway. He supported Pacquiao in the rematch. So did Marco.

Comment

Barrera refused to shake his hand during a weigh in, I think it was the Oscar/Forbes weigh in if I'm not mistaken.

He's probably still bitter about the loss and the knockdown that he should've been given, and the point that shouldn't have been taken away.

Erik on the other hand, has no real reason to dislike Marquez. But he does anyway. He supported Pacquiao in the rematch. So did Marco.
              Yeah we're always reading how Pac and Morales are buddies now. I like that, considering how much bad blood there was when Morales first talked **** and Pacquiao for the first time I'd ever seen got pissed and said he'd kill him in the rematch. I think it's just that Morales is a true fighter, like James Toney, he has a hard time showing respect to others who does what he does. Marquez was his rival in a way, even though they never fought and Morales got more of the spotlight while they were both in the game, Marquez outlasted him and is starting to achieve the accomplishments Morales couldn't. I believe Erik will have him destroyed before he can become the first true Mexican to become a 4 division champ.

Comment

"There's only one Ricky Hatton,
                One Ricky Hatton,
                Walking along,
                Singing this song,
                Walking in a Hatton wonderland."

Comment

Yeah we're always reading how Pac and Morales are buddies now. I like that, considering how much bad blood there was when Morales first talked **** and Pacquiao for the first time I'd ever seen got pissed and said he'd kill him in the rematch. I think it's just that Morales is a true fighter, like James Toney, he has a hard time showing respect to others who does what he does. Marquez was his rival in a way, even though they never fought and Morales got more of the spotlight while they were both in the game, Marquez outlasted him and is starting to achieve the accomplishments Morales couldn't. I believe Erik will have him destroyed before he can become the first true Mexican to become a 4 division champ.
                  Great points. I think Barrera and Manny are buddies now too. Not buddies the way Erik is buddies with Manny (appearing in commercials with him), but I think they really respect each other.

Barrera was the guy that gave Manny the stage to shine on.

As for Juan, I just can't see why Morales and Barrera both hate him. With Barrera, yeah, Marquez beat him : So that always makes for dislike when it comes to guys who take the sport that seriously. With Morales, it probably is the way you describe it, or something similar.

But Juan has gotta be one of the more respectful guys in this game. I've never heard him say a bad word about anybody. He may have issues with Pac, but I know he respects him. And he has every reason to have those issues, a lot of people think he bested Manny in the rematch.

Mexicans are a complicated group of fighters. Philly honkeys like myself just can't wrap our heads around it.

Comment

Philly honkeys like myself just can't wrap our heads around it.
                    You and me both brother. Random question, if the fight ever got made, who would you pick, D-Hop or Marquez?

Comment

• mike tyson
                      bernard hopkins
                      roy jones jr.
                      erik morales
                      pernell whitaker

Comment

Working...
                      X