No announcement yet.

Devon and Floyd – A journalists perspective

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon and Floyd – A journalists perspective

I’ve worked for a well know, and will remain nameless, sports magazine for the past 20 years and have watched the forums go wild these past couple of days, but really, it’s nothing new.

I can tell right now, Floyd is not fighting Devon. Not in a million years.

Several things point to this;

1st May 5th is Cinco de Mayo. The Robert Guerrero fight was the biggest unkempt secret in boxing, and Floyd wouldn’t have liked his cat being let out of the bag, least not by himself. ‘His’ tweet was purely a smokescreen. Indicate another (worse) fight, then Robert Guerrero becomes more appealing (although i actually believe the Robert Guerrero fight to be a fantastic match up)

2nd Floyd Mayweather does not tweet. Never has done. His representatives do it for him, even though the account is official, Floyd never has, and never will personally, tweet.

3rd Such shrewdness as to deliver a smokescreen would never have been initiated by Floyd. For all his undoubted skill in the ring, a craftsman indeed, Floyd is not – with due respect – the sharpest tool in the box.

4th Money. Come on, you know fighting Devon will not appeal to the masses. At least Robert Guerrero brings the fight to town, and his personal story is a book in itself. Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero sells. Floyd Mayweather Devon Alexander does not.

There a lot of other reasons, but frankly i cant be bothered to type them out.

In truth, when this broke, the sports desks here barely twitched. It’s a fantasy concoction, and come on you lot, you’re BOXING fans, you know what’s happening here.

Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero will be announced within the next 7 days, or I’ll eat my hat.

We can then all enjoy the build up, the fight and the aftermath.

Devon WILL fight Brook, but in a re-scheduled fight, likely in April.

Dont quit your day job!

Comment

Schaefer already told ESPN that he's working on rescheduling the fight with Brook, and that he doubts Haymon would mislead him on Alexander's plans.

The funny thing is the people who think Guerrero isn't a legit good fight. He's the best fight for Floyd at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Schaefer already told ESPN that he's working on rescheduling the fight with Brook, and that he doubts Haymon would mislead him on Alexander's plans.

The funny thing is the people who think Guerrero isn't a legit good fight. He's the best fight for Floyd at 147.
        Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero is a brilliant fight, and will be the most entertaining, and closely fought fight, Floyd has been involved in for years.

I still pick him (Floyd) to win – but only just, and he will have to visit a place he’s not been to before, because Guerrero will drag him into the trenches whether he likes it or not.

Get set for one of the best fights of 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up!
          Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Corners

Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero is a brilliant fight, and will be the most entertaining, and closely fought fight, Floyd has been involved in for years.

I still pick him (Floyd) to win – but only just, and he will have to visit a place he’s not been to before, because Guerrero will drag him into the trenches whether he likes it or not.

Get set for one of the best fights of 2013
          Amen. I believe Guerrero is being greatly underestimated vs Floyd like he was Aydin and Berto (not as much). I wouldn't be shocked one bit If they do Guerrero like they did Castillo in their first fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

A Journalist perspective The Title will state Sewer

Comment

No doubt it will be Guerrero

Comment

Last outing, i think against Ortiz there was rumours that he would fight either Spadafora or Matthew Hatton...same old same old.

Comment

Working...
                X